Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Dog Advice

Eliza really really really wants a dog. Everyday for the past month since we visited the hammonds in Arizona she has asked if she can get a dog when she turns four. Then it turned into her thinking she is getting a dog and how it will be wrapped when she wakes up the day of her birthday. She has already picked out the name and tells everyone that a black dog named gumbo is what she wants for her birthday. So, do I break it to her that she isn't getting a dog and if so, how do I do it? Or, do I break down and get a dog because secretly I would love to have a cute little dog as well? I think I already know the answer to the question but somewhere in the back of my mind I want to make it work.

5 comments:

Josh, Lindsie, and Ava said...

You know what I would say... GO FOR IT! Dog Lovers Unite!

brownfam said...

I am so glad you finally got a blogpage. It's fun to add new friends to our list. I keep promising our kids a dog when we get a house. I don't think we will get out of it but we will cross that bridge when we come to it. But I think it would be totally fun for the kids to have a dog.

Jolyn Buhrley said...

2 things to keep in mind:
POOP
SMELL
A dog, any dog, will always smell........like a dog,(go figure.)
A dog, any dog, will... poop. Think of this everytime Porter(who wants to live outside) is begging to go out! Hmmm....yes,lovely, gushy poop. I do believe however, the true deep down "dog lover" may be able to overcome my personal hangups with smell and poop.
My advice, get a dog!! We will come play with your adorable,cute,smelly,pooping puppy! Just make sure Matt has cleaned up before we come. :)

pepper said...

NO WAY! In addition to everything Jolyn said, you will have to figure out what to do with it every time you go on a trip, even if it is just for a day or two. You will have to take it to the vet, take it for walks, it will bark and oh the furniture and carpet.

Staffords said...

Don't get one unless you want to have 3 children instead of 2.