Wednesday, November 14, 2007

California here we come!

This past week we have been in california for several reasons. 1. My sister in law Ruth and my brother Scott had their 3rd little boy. It was fun to see him just 3 days after he was born. He is just adorable and so so cute! They named him Harper Rhodes! Then number 2. Visit my family and spend both mine and matts birthdays down here with them. We both had a lot of fun and really good birthdays! I will update more on that later! 3. My little sister heather has been dating an awesome guy named james for about a year now. He leaves to go on a mission to chile in December and he went through the temple on saturday for the first time. It was so neat to be there with him and his family! Matt and I are both so proud of him and his decision to go and we were glad we could be there to show our love and support. 4. The fourth reason and really the main reason we planned the trip to begin with was Matt had an interview with Loma Linda Endodontics school. We were excited that he even had an interview there, but didnt get our hopes up knowing it was a pretty competetive program. I think though with how big my family is and all there prayers matt was bound to get in! So the director of the program called matt the next day and offered him one of three spots! So it looks like we are moving! I am ecstatic and cant even hardly believe it. This has been my dream for so many years it almost doesnt seem possible. Although, I will admit, reality set in alittle after the excitement subsided and I started to think about all the logistics of moving, selling our house, looking for a new place to stay, boxing up, saying goodbye to all my awesome new friends, Matts brother and his family, boise state football (j/k).....I guess I will miss Boise but I am so so so happy and also so so proud of Matt.

10 comments:

Josh, Lindsie, and Ava said...

I'm so sad, it is all really happening! I am so excited for you guys, and I am mostly excited that we will have a place to stay when we take Ava to her first Disneyland adventure in a year or so.

Josh, Lindsie, and Ava said...

P.S. I love the name Harper and have been trying to convince Josh into liking that name too as well as Cooper. My two favs for boy names.

The Grantham Family said...

You already know how I feel about this. Like I said before, I am going to check out of this friendship real soon to avoid a real emotional and traumatic good-bye! I am with Lindsie....we are coming to Cali to see you....and Disneyland!

Ciera said...

Congratulations! I'm so excited for you to get to move back to your family! I know its been so hard for you to be away from them. We are excited for you! Good luck with the move!

Melissa said...

Congrats to Matt! Wow- what an accomplishment to get accepted. That's going to be so fun for you to get to be near your family again! Hannah's going to miss seeing Eliza on our way to Oregon. Guess we'll have to make a trip to Disney Land too! Sounds like that's the plan for everyone. Your place will be turned into a hotel!
Good luck with the sale of the house and everything!!!

PS- You may think I've got it together, but the thing I'm best at making is a BIG mess! I think it's YOU that's amazing!!!

Jolyn Buhrley said...

OUTSTANDING!! Lou say's you can't get a better endo program! Matt-you are a stud. Really, we are very happy for you.
That being said.....I am weeping.
Perhaps absence will make the heart grow fonder..:)! Can our prayers compete with the Schultz families?!? You better believe we will try. Come back to Boise Baby!

Mollie said...

So DANG jealous!!!!! I want to move home! Carlos said that we will, but it probably won't be for a least a year, maybe two. I can't wait to have a warm Christmas again and be close to the beach and of course Disneyland! Oh, there is so much I miss. Everytime we go visit, I cry when I leave, it is so sad. But luckily I am marrying a guy that loves cali as much as I do!! Congrats!

Nan said...

Come to our house next time ok Liezy- I am excited for you to make sure we go to Disneyland together and go on rides with you and my mom. I am happy you can live close by me and because you are my friend. Love Rocky

brownfam said...

I can't believe you guys are going back to school. Didn't he get sick of it. I know Wayne did, although he has considered going back and specializing also. Anyway, Congratulations. We are so happy for you. The next time we are in CA if you are still there we will have to get together.

Mrs. Little Gray House said...

Congratulations Matt on getting into a school that you really wanted. Your kids are so cute and getting so big. You guys seem really excited to be moving to California.
Also, Steve really likes Matt's hair in the Halloween pictures.