Friday, January 18, 2008

Christmas!






Christmas morning was so much fun for our kids! Although we were worried about the rough start eliza had. She woke up around 6:00 am complaining of a tummy ache and didnt feel good. We passed it off and hoped she would go back to sleep. Then a few minutes later she woke up throwing up. She didnt want to go down stairs with the rest of the kids and told us she would just open her presents later. That made me so sad that she would miss all the excitement. So matt carried her downstairs and she quickly recovered and didnt complain the rest of the day. Porter decided he would rather sleep then open presents. He didnt wake up until 9:00 and everyone was already finished! He still had a good time and just wanted to play with everyone elses toys instead of opening his own! He didnt quite get the whole process. After the kids opened all of their presents the adults went into the other room and took turns opening our presents. My sister christy had my name and totally spoiled me! She got me the new nicholas sparks book "the choice" which it is so good if anyone wants a fun read! And also the Jessica Seinfeld book "deceptively delicious". I am so excited to try recipes from it. Everyone I have talked to about it says the recipes are actually really good! She also gave me this cute bundt cake pan that has 6 individual bundt cakes in one! I was pretty stoked. Matt got me 2 cute coats that I love, black boots, an I-pod and lots more! I felt really spoiled this year and especially thankful that I could be with my family in california!

6 comments:

Melissa said...

My sister in law has that deceptively delicious book too, but hasn't tried it yet.. Let me know what you think about it. I was going to try it too if they really are good!
Looks like you guys had fun! I'm glad that Liza changed her mind about opening presents with everyone and got feeling better.
Missed you when you guys were here. Sorry we didn't get your message in time. (We were sick anyway so probably best you didn't come and catch it!)

Josh, Lindsie, and Ava said...

Loved the pictures, loved the post, reading it felt like Christmas all over again. Then again, the two houses down the street that are still turning their Christmas lights on at night isn't helping at all.

Nicole said...

Christmas in California is great isn't it? We enjoyed the sunshine as well. Let me know when your next trip to Utah is, we need to play again!

Alli said...

Oh I feel for poor Liza. I too was sick and throwing up on Christmas day and it was miserable but I'm glad she finally started to feel better.

I've heard great things about that deceptively delicious book. Try out some recipes and let me know what you think.

LAURA and ELIZA said...

Amber! Eliza looks so much like you! She's adorable! I wish MY Eliza looked like me! Oh well, maybe next time, right? It was good to see you at Mollie's wedding, I wish we could have talked more :)

Josh, Lindsie, and Ava said...

Oh come on, give me a break and get something new posted! I know your life can't be that boring.