Thursday, April 10, 2008

One Crazy Day!!

So I have been meaning to post about this for several days, but of course, life got in the way and I never did! But it is worth it to still tell!
****WARNING TO ALL MEN***** I talk about a certain time of the month so you might not want to read this post! Its going to be a long entry because I am really bitter about the day!

This is how the morning went...
7:00 Being woken up by matt telling me that our freezer had thawed over night and water was everywhere and food was going bad! I was grumpy that I had been woken up and even more grumpy realizing matt had to leave for work and was leaving me with the mess to clean up.
7:03 while standing staring at the mess for several minutes not wanting to clean it out I soon realize that I must have started my period that night and had a huge mess of my own to clean up! (sorry, but it must be mentioned to get full effect of the day!)
7:04 walk to the back closet to soon realize no tampons!
7:05 Remembered the night before when going to get money for babysitter that I could not find my wallet anywhere thinking I must have left it at the dollar store-the last place I shopped. So I wouldnt be able buy more tampons on the way to the gym until I found my wallet.
7:06 took sheets off bed and put in washer!
7:08 crawled back into bed still not wanting to clean up freezer mess and hoping I can sleep this already awful 8 minute day away!
7:10 Hear Porter crying...doesnt ever wake up before 7:30.....WHAT??
7:15 get porter out of bed and fixed a bowl of cereal for him while I clean up freezer.
7:30 Finish throwing almost everything out and mopped up water from melted ice to soon realize our wood floor has started to buckle and will probably need to replace in order to sell.
7:31 look over to see porter dumped his cereal bowl onto kitchen table where it has run down to the chair and onto the floor while he dances on top of it splashing it everywhere.
7:45 Eliza wakes up grumpy
8:00 Call Dollar store - no trace of wallet!
8:02 Tear my house apart looking for wallet. Retracing steps and only remember last having it at the dollar store.
8:30 After a half hour of looking with still nothing I put kids in Bathtub. In the meantime I call 4 other stores hoping maybe I dropped it in the parking lot and someone turned it in. I never carry cash but happened to have $100 in it that day. None of the stores had it.
8:45 Get kids out of bath so I can hurry out the door to look in parking lot of the dollar store. As I was getting Eliza out she started crying that her ear hurt from an ear infection she had. So I carried both kids to the couch wrapped in there towels while went to the kitchen to get Eliza some medicine.
8:50 Hear Eliza say, "Oh No Mom come and look what porter did!" I walk around the counter to step in poo! I soon noticed the trail of poo from the couch to where porter was standing. YOUVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!!!!!!!
8:51 wipe porters bum, put on diaper, clean up poo. The worst part was, was that it wasnt just a hard, easy poo to clean up. It was soft and somewhat runny with chunks in it that I had to scrape out! Let me remind you once again that we are trying to sell our house!
9:00 call my friend lindsay to cry and complain.
9:15 re-search house and car for Wallet.
10:30 Go to Lindsay's house to borrow a tamponon the way to the gym. I ask if I can look in her car to see if I happen to leave it in there. She had been at the dollar store with me that day! No sign of it inside! UGH! I walk around the back of her car to see if I might have put it in the back while she was putting bags back there....This is what I see......



Yes, I had set it on her bumper to put porter in the car. Why? I have no idea. Maybe to teach me a lesson. But the crazy thing is, is she drove probably 5 miles home with it that way! I couldnt believe it. I ran into her house and started to cry. It was so needed after the morning I had had. After the shock wore off I was pretty excited to have found it and not have to worry about it any longer. This is how happy I was....

HIP!

HIP!

HOORAY!!!!!!


That was pretty much the end of a crapy morning. My sister heather flew in on Sunday so I had that to look forward to. We have had an awesome fun week of shopping, laughing, eating and doing hair! I keep teasing her that I flew in my personal stylist! She is the best and I am so happy she is here! We leave tomorrow for our cruise and I am so pumped. So, sorry no posts for a few weeks! Yes, a few weeks! We will be gone for 9 days!

13 comments:

The Grantham Family said...

Even though I knew the crap of your day, literally. The read was hillarious and I am laughing out loud right now. Also, LOVE the story with the wallet. That is one that goes down in the books! Love your face girl!! See ya in Florida

Andersons said...

Yeah! You're going on a cruise! You deserve it after a day like that. And I was so sad to hear that you're leaving. :-( We'll have to hang out once more before you take off for sunny CA...I'm so jealous!

Jen Giorgis said...

Oh My Gosh......I think that I would have had an absolute nervous breakdown. Way to basically keep it together!!! Hope you have a great cruise and post lots of pictures. We are going in 17 days, but who's counting? I can't wait!

Brittany said...

Looks like you might need this trip more than I do. Glad you found your wallet. I hate having to get all new stuff. Can't wait to be out in the big blue ocean with you. See you there.

Katie Schultz said...

That sucks

Miranda said...

WOW! When I have a bad day I will reference this one! I hope you think of your friends in I.F. while on the cruise we woke up to more dang snow two days ago. Have a blast!

Nathan and Annie Miller said...

This is Miranda's sister, and I just posted a potty training horror story on my blog, and Miranda told me to come read yours. Yeah, it topped mine by far!

Mrs. Little Gray House said...

Oh! What a yucky morning. I am so happy for you though that it turned out well.

Ruth said...

The fact that you still went to work out is what I'm amazed at!

Melissa said...

I SO miss living with you. You tell a great story. Even though that morning SUCKED, I was laughing so hard at your description! Have fun on the cruise, you deserve it supermom!

Christy said...

I'm ready for you to be back cuz I'm a little tired of staring at this page! I need an update. :)

Creative Corner said...

That sounds like a rotten day! And Kenady did that to me a few times, she never pooped or peed right out of the bath...until lately!

But on a really good note can I tell you how hot you are, you look so good in your work out clothes, what is your secret!

Have a great time on your cruise!

Trevor, Amber, Matix and Nivelli said...

This story cracks me up. I told trev all about it. It sounds like you handled it well