Monday, July 21, 2008

Missing our Boise Friends!

Our neighbor friends...

Tonight Eliza told me "Mom, I am ready to go back to Boise. When dad gets done with school can we go back." I didnt have the heart to tell her how long two years really is! Besides missing our friends terribly we're doing pretty well here so far ! We are loving the california weather, fun things to do and family and friends to do them with. Matt is having to commute about 45 minutes to and from school but doesn't mind it too much because he usually isn't in traffic. So far he is liking school and learning some really cool things! I started working again for Delta last week at the Orange County airport. I really really like the job but I really really dont like the hours. I have to leave at 5:00 am and I dont get home until 1:30 pm. It has been draining on me and it has only been 1 week. So we will see how long I can hack it! Eliza and porter went to a bible school last week for a few hours each day at a community church up the street. It was just to give my mom a little break since she offered to tend the kids for me while I'm at work. They loved it and porter didnt even cry when she dropped him off! They came back singing some awesome christian worship songs that I now have stuck in my head.
I am sad that I am not able to give better updates on this blog. We have done so many fun things and I would love to share them! I will just try and give what I can!

7 comments:

The Grantham Family said...

Glad to see an update...and stoked that the title reads "Missing our Boise friends!" Macie still asks if Eliza is still at California!? I am on her side, come back....we miss you!

Brizzee said...

Whats up? We haven't talked in forever. A lot has happened since we were in Boise last. How was your move? Are you loving being close to family? Logan still asks me if we can go to Boise and play with Eliza. Does Matt hate being in school again? Give us a call sometime.

Amy

anderson's said...

We hated the traffic in California! We are thinking of trying to come out to California in a couple of months or so (while I am in my 2nd trimester). We will let you know what we get planned! We miss you guys! PS- You need to meet some of our old friends that are out there, send us an email or give us a call...talk to you soon!

Miranda said...

I know, I know when you said missing your Boise friends you also meant to say your pals in Idaho Falls! J/K Glad to hear you guys are surviving! Those hours do stink! Love it that your kids are branching out on their spirituality! We think about you guys tons! Ta Ta for now!

Josh, Lindsie, and Ava said...

We miss you too! Hang in there Eliza, two years isn't too long to wait! Glad you guys are enjoying it there and that work is going good, gotta keep those flight benefits and get your booty out here to visit.

Sam Rushforth Taggart said...

Hi Amber! I'm not sure if you remember me, and don't worry if you don't, but this is Samantha Rushforth...I used to live in Brea, we went to Fanning Elementary together and church as well. I used to invite you to all my b-day parties. I found your blog somehow through Erika Anthony. I just wanted to say hello and you have a beautiful family! I'm actually living in Boise! Funny cause you just moved from there. You can check out my blog, www.gehrenandsam.blogspot.com Anyways hope to hear from you soon!

Sam Rushforth Taggart :)

Krissy said...

Glad you are having a fun time in Cali! Tell Mickey Mouse hello for us!