Thursday, October 30, 2008


I have been meaning to blog about this for awhile but just haven't found the profound words that express the passion I feel for this subject. For those living in California understand what I mean. It has been a heated discussion by many for a few months now. It is down to the wire with the Election just a few days away. I guess now I am feeling it is time to do my small part! Go here for more information on the subject. You can get more facts by going there. I urge any of you who are reading this to find out more. Even if you aren't living in California you can donate money to help out. Even $20.00 will help! Click here to donate. Or you can also email, text, or call your friends and family who live in california to go vote!



I strongly support the campaign on protecting marriage. I believe in the sanctity of marriage being between a man and a woman. I feel that this is a battle that we need to fight to protect our families. This is not an issue of discrimination because if this passes it doesn't take away anyones rights. I believe this is an issue on tolerance and little by little we are going to have to tolerate more and more. I want my children to be taught that marriage is between a man and a woman. When we first moved down here I had the attitude, "so what if people want to get married to someone of the same sex, it doesn't effect me". Until I found out more and realized how much it actually does effect me and my family.

I will be voting on Tuesday for YES ON PROP 8 and I hope you will too!

4 comments:

heather said...

thanks for taking time to share how you feel. it can be a sensitive subject, but so important.

The Grantham Family said...

Thanks for sharing this information. I feel really lame and remember the conversation we had on the phone. I am not one to watch the news....and I had no idea the impact that this would have. I totally agree and echo your feelings on marriage. This is sooo important and I appreciate so much your example to stand up for what you believe in. You make me want to be a better person and I love you for that!

Alli said...

Yes the voting is over and prop 8 is in our favor. I too strongly supported that (although I didn't vote on it) because we are becoming too tolerant. I have always been very tolerant of others and at times have made comments like you saying, "what they do doesn't affect me, so I don't care." That is no longer the case. I heard a wonderful quote by Aristotle which states, "the last virtue of a dying society is tolerance." The truth simply put!

Anonymous said...

Exactly how does this effect your family or your rights. What a narrow minded blog post.