Thursday, November 20, 2008

Southern California Fires



We are definitely getting the most out of our California experience. Unfortunately this wasnt a fun one. I am sure many of you have heard about the major fires that were going on in California a few days ago. Every year they seem to happen, but never right in my very own city. Half our ward was evacuated from their homes and luckily none were damaged. Huge clouds of black smoke surrounded our entire city and made it hard to breathe. The smell is still lingering even today.





These pictures are all of where we live. It was a pretty intense few days but I am so thankful for the firefighters that worked so hard. Its crazy to look at these pictures and see our little city burning.



This is the highschool I went to. It really hit home to watch it on the news and realize how close it actually was.

5 comments:

Shelley Nicole said...

Sheesh, look at those ashes on the desks in the classroom...that's freaky. And look at how they still use overheard projectors :)

The Buhrley Bunch said...

How awful Amber! It must be so horrible to watch things be destroyed like that. Those pictures speak volumes. I'm so glad you and your family are safe, though.

Jolyn Buhrley said...

Amber, those pictures are incredible. They left a pit in my stomach. I can't believe the month your community has had. You have been hit hard. I know it would be in VERY bad taste to mention how lovely, quiet and calm Boise is right now, so I deffinitely WON'T.:)
We do miss and love you! Are you still coming next month??!!!!

The Grantham Family said...

WOW! You have had so many experiences in your short time back home. These photos are unbelievable. I am so glad that all is well and that you are safe and sound! I agree with Jolynn...not to be insensitive, but all Boise has right now is a little frosty frost!!

Miranda said...

Wow, that is crazy! I am so glad you guys are all right and also your ward. Yeah California is throwing everything at you guys, are ya coming home to Idaho yet? How is the new puppy, sometimes when I am tucking our small horse of a dog in at night I think of you guys getting suckered into the dog world and laugh to myself.