Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Getting the Christmas Tree



Eliza told me that her new friend Pauline from preschool told her that when people take a picture of you, your suppose to do "this"...


For family night last week we went to get our christmas tree. The kids were pretty excited. Although I think they were more excited about sweeping up the pine needles with broken branches then actually deciding on a tree. It was a fun night and we are happy that the season is here. Eliza asked me this morning when it was going to snow so that we could make a snow man. I had to break the news to her that it doesn't snow in California. She told me "we should probably go back to Boise Mom, it snows in Boise!" We were able to go to Disneyland though and see it "snow" on main street. It was fun to have the "snow flurries" fall but not have to bundle up my kids in their snow suits!

3 comments:

The Buhrley Bunch said...

I was so excited the year we got an artificial tree because I could put it up "weeks and weeks ahead". Overrated. I'm finding myself longing for an old-fashioned, real, pine-smelling tree that says "Christmas" the minute you walk in the door. You made the better choice!

Christy said...

Ya I remember those days when the girls found the little creative ways to entertain themselves other than what we actually THOUGHT they wanted to see...as in getting a tree. The girls used to climb on the "horses" they use to give the trees fresh cuts, and play hide and seek between the trees. Leave it up to kids, huh! If only we were all like them. And I'm so jealous of Eliza's cute sweater!

Jolyn Buhrley said...

YES,Yes, Eliza....YOU DO NEED TO MOVE BACK TO BOISE!! I mean warm weather and DisneyLand are over rated anyway!! :):)

My kids were shocked when they saw the picture of Port....he has grown up! SOOOOOO cute.