Tuesday, December 30, 2008

A Special Christmas Night











Matt went to Las Vegas the weekend before Christmas to meet some friends for the BYU Football game. I decided to do something fun with the kids instead of feel sorry for myself that I was left behind. My good friend Ryan was singing with his Acapala group at our downtown promenade. We decided to make a night of it and call it our "special Christmas night!" We first went to Old Navy and I let them pick out a hat and gloves. (I think our skin is thinner from when we lived in Idaho because it feels really cold here!!) Luckily for me they were 2 for $6. Then we walked around and looked at the christmas lights and decorations, sat in Santas chair, and then danced to the carolers. Afterwards we ate dinner, got hot chocolate and then drove over to see some insane christmas lights in a subdivision close by. We had such a fun night and it helped us really get into the christmas excitement!!

4 comments:

The Buhrley Bunch said...

Amber, you're such a good mom!...I would have probably sat around and felt sorry for myself. It looks like you had so much fun. The pictures are adorable. You DO KNOW, that they'll bug you for it again next year. You just started a tradition!

Christy said...

Oh my gosh How fun amber! And ya, she's right. They'll want to do it next year. Which is great too cuz then you've started a fun tradition and guaranteed they'll remember this for years to come! :)

Jolyn Buhrley said...

They were having so much fun! The pictures are so cute. I love that you let them pick out gloves and a hat first! You are so good at making things special, they look so sweet together.

Ruth said...

Those christmas lights were cray, huh. I don't know why we didnt go see Ryan sing. i must have totally spaced it, bummer.