Thursday, January 29, 2009

Another Arizona Trip....I Know I'm Crazy!


So since our last trip was so short and I didn't have time to visit my really good friend Brittany and my sister Christy (who both live in other cities in arizona) I decided to drive over with the kids for another great trip. It was Brittany's birthday on Sunday and she asked me to come out for it again this year. So I spent a few days with her and her cute family and then drove 3 hours south to Sierra Vista to visit my sister who's husband is out of town for a month for his work. We had a ton of fun at both places. I love both these girls so much and wish we lived closer!

FIRST: BRITTANY'S HOUSE



(Brody and Porter inhaling the cupcakes!)



(The two love birds who were hoping will get married someday!)


Since Brittany's birthday was on a sunday we were pretty limited on our festivities. Although we had a ton of fun Saturday thanks to her awesome husband Nate for taking the kids for us. All 4 of them AND Eliza had been sick throwing up but told us to go anyway! Am I a bad mom for leaving her? She was such trooper and luckily it only lasted 24 hours. We were able to go get pedicures, lunch, and do a little shopping. I love Brittany so much. I feel like we will always be close friends even though we live far! Then on her actual birthday we went to church, and aftewards I made her go upstairs for some R & R while the rest of us decorated the house, made cupcakes and gave her a little space.






Then on Monday night for Family Home Evening Nate lit a fire in their fire pit and we roasted hot dogs and marshmallows. The kids had so much fun and it was a fun change to the normal dinner at the table.
We left the next morning and drove to Christy's house. I was so surprised at how well the kids did in the car both trips.

SECOND STOP: CHRISTY'S HOUSE

It was so nice to finally get here. Christy's house is always so amazing because I seriously hardly see my kids the entire time. She has two great twin girls that entertain my kids to no end. They come up with the best ideas to play with them from dress ups, to building a cardboard box playhouse outside, painting, making chocolate suckers, completely make pancakes on their own while being patient with porter wanting to help, etc, etc, etc...It is so nice that they are so helpful and that my kids seriously adore them! Especially Eliza! She asks me all the time when she will be the same age as Xoe and Xanthe! I hate having to break the news to her that they will always be older then her. I dread the day that they get "too old" to play with the little kids.





One of the nights the twins and christy had to go to girls scouts. Eliza, Porter and I had the idea to decorate the house and throw Xoe and Xanthe a surprise party. I had brought over all the gifts from the family and made it a fun night. We made a cake and hung streamers, balloons, noise makers, the whole shabang. Since they will be in New York on their birthday and won't be able to have a party, we thought this was a fun way to celebrate!






3 comments:

Jolyn Buhrley said...

Could my neice and nephew be any cuter??!!Seriously, Eliza's smile and Porters big brown eyes.....we miss them so much!

You always no how to make people feel special. You are such a good friend, which is why you have such good friends! The birthday party was such a fun idea. The twins are darling-I loved the girl scout uniform. I love the picture of them making pancakes and seeing Porter feeling so big and important helping...(and in his cute apron! Are you SURE he doesn't have highlights? hmmmmm...not a funny joke, sorry.:)) These look like really fun memories. Love you!!

Jolyn Buhrley said...

You are a turd! But an accurate one-I do need a GPS!!
Actually, I really, truly ALMOST called you yesterday......to help me get to Graples! I hadn't been since the last time I went with you, and well.....it took me more then an hour to find it. The good news is, I will always remember now! I miss you.

Miranda said...

Even if you are crazy it looks like fun. Your nieces are so cute, did I see them on Yo Gabba Gabba recently?
Glad to know you had a great trip and got to do some girl things, Nate is a great guy for taking all the kids!
So when are you going to be crazy enough to make a trip to Idaho? By the way I got a kick out of your previous post, way to handle all the questions. I have always loved that about you!