Thursday, January 1, 2009

To Infinity and Beyond....





Hallelujah! Porter decided it was time to potty train himself. One day he said he needed to go and hasn't had an accident since. I was pretty excited that it was so easy! He loves his different character underpants and tells me everyday, "I dont want to do poo poo on buzz light year!" (depending on which ones he is wearing it changes to fit that one) He really has grown up so fast! He gave his binki's to santa and is doing great without them. We already had taken them away once when he was 18 months and he didnt have one for almost 9 months. Then after his accident while he was in the hospital he started to ask for one and I was at that point willing to do anything to make him comfortable! From then on he wanted one almost all day long. I am glad it is finally gone!

Tonight we moved him to a toddler bed! It was the last move that makes him an official kid and not a baby anymore. I can't help to be a little sentimental. I love watching him grow and become so big but at times I just want to sit and hold him and make him be small.

4 comments:

The Grantham Family said...

I still cannot believe this kid. Where did he come from!? He potty trains himself and has always required 13.5 hours of sleep a night plus a 3 hour nap mid day and is the most sweetest, calmest, cutest of a boy! Love little BIG Porter pants!!

Brynn said...

where did you get those underwear? Dallin would go crazy for some of those! Porter is so amazing! You totally deserve to have an easy potty training with him!

Jolyn Buhrley said...

Ok, this makes me sad. I miss you.
Seriously, I've never seen a cuter little guy. When are we going to see each other??!!!
xoxoxoxoxox

Britney and Jaren Jensen said...

Are you kidding me? Can't I get one of those children that potty trains themself!!! I love the buzz poses they are adorable. I'm sad I have to still keep Vivy in pull-ups after her tumor removal in the intestines she has little bowl control UGGGH! I'm sick of the runs...okay that's more than you really wanted to hear but seriously I'm super jealous. And I can see myself now with 3 children in diapers at one time...HELP!