Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Valentines Day!

This Valentines Day we decided to do things a little different. We had the table set fun for for breakfast so when the kids woke up they came out and saw that it was a special day. We had a gift for each person at their place. (Just small dollar store stuff) Then we explained that Valentines Day is a day where we show the people we love that we love them by doing nice things for them. They were pretty excited and got really into it. (plus it was nice that I wasn't feeling well so the gifts entertained them for most of the morning)








Matt and I went out that evening for Dinner and a movie. Thanks to my awesome sister Heather who offered to babysit almost all the grandkids that night! It pays to live with a sister that is so unselfish and also has a missionary shes waiting for! Matt and I decided not to do gifts this year and make our trip to Santa Barbara our main gift. (More to come on that later) Although he did do a really cute thing. He took the kids shopping and had them pick out a few movies, games and books and put together a "Mom's not feeling well activity box". It was a fun day for me to share with the kids and hubby that I love so much!


We went to costco and got this really cool flip video that day! We decided it was our "joint" gift for each other. I Love it already!!

10 comments:

The Buhrley Bunch said...

What a CUTE Valentine's day. The kids look adorable. I hope you're feeling better!! P.S. I got a flip for Christmas and love it.....but not as much as my kids. It's always funny to see what's on it.

Christy said...

What a cute idea. And i have no idea what a flip is. How out of it am I? :) Love the present idea and the table was set so cute. I can't believe all you do and you're sick. whew! I can't do nothin when I'm sick!

Jolyn Buhrley said...

You always know how to do little things to make holidays, (or any day,) special. You are such a good mom. I hope your 3rd child is treating you well. I love Matt's mommy gift box, he scored big points for that one! I know I say this every time....but I can't help it! WE MISS YOU!!!

Staffords said...

I am glad you were able to spend some time together. As you know do as much stuff out and about as you can before the baby comes because you might be stuck at home for awhile or at least stuck with taking a baby everywhere you go. I can't wait to find out what you are having. Are you finding out?

heather said...

that's such a cute idea! your kids will always remember that.

Pam said...

Fun V Day and congrats on the new little peanut!

Miranda said...

So I am the biggest blog slacker! I haven't been over to visit in awhile and just read your pregnant. Congratulations! I really don't mean to be such a slacker friend we think of you guys all the time! I love your new do and hope the feeling sick doesn't stick around. Miss you guys!

Michala said...

Hello!!!! Oh my gosh I was so excited to find your blog! Your kids are toooo stinkin cute! I wanted to say HELLO and HOW ARE YOU all the way from Omaha, NE. How long are you guys in Cali for? You can email me, bernalquad@yahoo.com.

Also. Guess what. I am pregnant too! I am due October 8! =)

Kane just turned 6 in February, Wyatt turned 2 in November and this one will be born probably end of September.

So tell me what's going on with you guys!!!

Marshall and Dana said...

Hey send me your email so that I can add you to our private blog list. My email is dsjag@hotmail.com Thanks!

Unknown said...

That is so cool and eliza is so cute in that video. I wish i was there.