Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Bad News = Awesome week!

So for the past several weeks we have been planning to go to Idaho Falls to visit Matt't family and some of our friends. It has been a long time since we have been there and we were really looking forward to the getaway. Before I quit Delta I saved 11 buddy passes and ticketed them in our names. They had a year expiration date on them and didn't expire until August. So we thought.....! We packed our bags, (which is not an easy thing), planned a fun week, woke up Monday morning at 5:00 am and drove to the airport. After waiting in line for almost an hour, being passed to 3 different agents, we were finally told that the policy changed and once you quit or are terminated your buddy passes are no longer valid. Lets just say we were all extremely dissapointed. I was crying, my kids were crying and Matt was pissed off! The only good news is that we will get fully refunded of the money we spent we weren't counting on having. We talked about buying tickets and going anyway but it would just be way to expensive last minute. So we drove across the street and had an outrageously over priced breakfast and contimplated what to do!
We decided we were just going to make it a fun filled week doing something different everyday! So we did! We had such a great week just being together with our little family. We were so sad to not spend time with Matts family and friends but we made the best of the situation! Here is the daily breakdown of what we did.

5 comments:

Kimberli said...

whoa... what a week! Looks like you guys had a great time though.

We love "Shampoo" around this house too!

The Buhrley Bunch said...

My mouth just DROPPED when I read that!!! I feel so bad for you guys. But way to make lemonade out of lemons guys! You handled it great. Your vacation is something people like me PLAN for and you just pulled it off spur of the moment. Good job :)

Miranda said...

We were so bummed, but looks like you had a blast! You wouldn't have gotten any use out of your short sleeve shirts or swimsuits, but hey you could have drank hot cocoa and shoveled snow. Jealous I know...By the way woman you are looking fabulous! And I think it would be hard to shake last summer in the pool. I think about it whenever we go swimming to. Miss you guys!

Nikki (Have Joy) said...

Amber! When I saw your comment on my blog I knew right away who you were. Thanks for your kind thoughts, I really appreciated them. I am glad you came across Have Joy... I'm sure you now know more about me than you ever really wanted to! :) Yay for blog stalking! haha. Your kids are so adorable, and hopefully one of these days I'll be back in So Cal and we can hang out. Hope you don't mind if I check your blog every once in a while now that I know what it is! And please comment on mine ANYTIME you feel like you have something to say... I would love to keep hearing from you!

The Grantham Family said...

What a fun read! I felt like I was right there on vacation with you guys...You are so good at making the best of things and I love you for it! Your kids will remember this week forever and I am even more impressed with how much you did every day, last minute! You are such a fabulous mom!