Saturday, March 21, 2009

Camping in the Desert


Every year our ward does a "shoot out" for the Boy scouts where they go up in the desert and shoot guns and ride dirt bikes. This year they decided to extend it to the whole Elder's Quorum and their families. Matt was really excited about it and really wanted to go. Lucky for us about 3 days before the trip my dad bought a toy hauler trailer. We had such a good time and I am glad Matt encouraged us to go. Eliza talked about it for days and kept counting down until it was time to go. I think she was also counting down knowing that thats when matt would be done with his finals! (they were rough!) It was fun that my brother Scott brought his 2 oldest boys even though they are in the other ward. They seemed to have a great time too
Grandpa and Eliza having fun on the quad!


Nothing better then a man who isn't afraid of a little housework!



I promise Scott is blowing up his air mattress even though it looks like he is doing something else!


It was so fun to just let the kids get dirty, be outside in the open, ride my Dad's quads, shoot archery and guns, fly kites, go for hikes looking for the biggest quartz rocks and most of all just being together as a family!






4 comments:

Heather and James Georgianna said...

it does my heart good to see the trailor being used and swept! I get nervous for the cleanliness of the trailor... :) Thanks Mattt

Katie Schultz said...

Can we do one of our Schultz Reunion's there. Sounds like it was fun

Miranda said...

Looks like fun! Love the mattress and Matt shots. Funny! Porter has changed so much!

Jolyn Buhrley said...

It always amazes me how much kids LOVE camping!!! All it takes is a little dirt to make them happy.
Fun post!