Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Day 6 Moms day off




Saturday morning I woke up early and went to my Sister Nanette's mother in laws house for an awesome cooking class by Chef Brad. Anyone heard of him? He is amazing! Truly amazing. My mom and Sister in law Ruth have been telling me about him for months and about his concepts but I knew I had to attend his class to catch the fever. It was so nice to go and enjoy some girl time and learn healthier habits in my cooking. I had heard so many times that it would be life changing and I think it truly has been. He was motivating without being overwhelming. He helped us understand that cooking healthier seems harder now but will pay off in the long run and I really believe that. He is big on staying away from processed foods and white flour and has come up with awesome substitutes using different grains. He actually stays away from wheat and taught us all about the other grains that are complete protiens and how to cook with them. I know I can't completely change everything we eat and eliminate these things but I can definitely do better about healthier options for my family. Check out his website. He is inspiring!





After his class I went to my friend Sharla's baby shower. She is married to our good friend/more like a brother Mossie. He lived with us during highschool and has always stayed close. Now they live just a few miles away and come over all the time for family dinners and events. She is having her first baby boy and we are so excited for them! Unfortunately I didn't take any pictures, but it was a fun time and nice to just have day without kids! Matt took the kids to see Monsters vs. Aliens and my kids haven't stopped talking about it since.

2 comments:

Jolyn Buhrley said...

My sisters and sister-n-law are Chef Brad groupies! I'm glad to hear you say it wasn't overwhelming!:) I've never looked into it....but motivation, that I could use!!

Monica said...

I am JoLyn's sister in-law and feel like I know through her! I loved your post! What a fun vacation! I definitely think you made the best out of a could be frusterating situation! What a fun week! I love California because it feels like a vacation everyday!(We lived there when are kids were small)
Your children are beautiful and It is fun to see Matt all grown up and his family! What a beautiful family you have.
I'm so glad that Chef Brad is teaching classes in California! We are lucky to have him in Arizona with us! All my recipes that I cook are his. My kids will only eat it if they know it is Chef Brad! Fun post---thanks for sharing!