Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Travel Town






I decided I wanted to take advantage of all the fun things california has to offer. I realized there are so many fun things to do here but I usually get stuck into doing the same ole same ole. I remember growing up and my mom and Aunts taking me and my cousins to Griffith Park. There they have a Travel Town area that is free! My Cousin Melissa and I decided to take our kids one day and we had the best time. It is in Down town LA so it was a little bit of a drive but so worth it. The kids had a blast running through the big trains, collecting rocks and riding the little steam engine!


Melissa and I were inseperable when we were little girls. We always wanted to be together any opportunity we could get. It is fun to watch our little girls grow up together and they now beg for any chance to play together. They have very similar personalities so they get along great. They both boss eachother around!

6 comments:

Mark and/or Lisa said...

Kam really likes it there too. Also, the California post was great... now you just have to teach her about the exorbitant property taxes that pay for that weather. And finally, the disposable camera IS brilliant. Totally fun idea.

Jolyn Buhrley said...

looks like a fun day. I have always been impressed at how many good memories you have with your extended family....and memories you are still making! It takes effort when lives get busy! Your family really seems to do a good job at staying connected.

Ciera said...

Looks like fun! Bryson and Ashelynn would have loved ti too!

Miranda said...

Love the California Confusion post, see what you guys are doing to your kids, how will they ever get it? J/K Isaac would love all those trains fun times!

Mary Bentley Williams said...

You look like you're having a great time during your residency. I've got to say there is something really nice about being back in school in a weird sort of way. The 3 years Zach practiced before ortho school were so much more complicated. This way we have 2 years to just make great memories and enjoy our kids before "real life" sets in. I wish I had been around with my girls in VG so we could have done more together. Your kids are so cute.

The Grantham Family said...

Once again..you are on the go, SHOCKER! You are such a great mom full of adventure and always ready to have fun! Your kids are darling and we miss you all badly!