Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Volunteer at 5K Get Fit

This was a run that a bunch of us were planning to do. The funny thing is, out of about 5 girls only 1 of us actually did it! I got pregnant so that was my excuse, and still was going to try and do it. I had been running up until I was 13 weeks pregnant and then started to have some complications and my Dr. put me on "pelvic rest". So I was excited when they asked for volunteers from our ward. Everyone kept asking me why I wanted to do it. I thought that it was a silly question until I had to wake up at 6:15 on a Saturday morning. But after I was there it was such a great feeling of service and giving back to our community. The church handed out yellow vests and it was a cool thing to see all the members helping out. They kept making announcements thanking the 100+ volunteers from the Mormon church. For most of you that live in utah or idaho, that is a big thing!



(Me and my friend Mallory from the ward!
She is pregnant too and has a daughter who eliza just adores!)


Our great bishop and his wife!

The one friend that ended up running it with her Dad and sister. She is married to my good friend Ryan and also the Neice of my sister in law Ruth. Confused?


6 comments:

Brynn said...

I'm so bummed! I didn't know they were looking for volunteers, I totally would have done it. Well, maybe not if you had to wake up so early.

Brittany said...

The tickers are right. It is telling you how many days you have left. I did the math and you are 20.4 weeks prego and I am 11.6 weeks prego. I'll explain later. I am still running but having a hard time breathing. I don't have a belly yet just getting very wide in the rib cage area. I really just look fat.

Jolyn Buhrley said...

You are awesome, it does look like fun-or at least looks like you made it fun. We just got back--wow, I am in love with Italy!! I laughed hard @ your comment on my blog. Shallow you are not, funnier then heck you are. Mac and I had to watch the video again to check out the "nose"!! We couldn't believe we hadn't noticed the first time. Too funny. Love you!

Christy said...

That's awesome. But I don't think I'll ever run a marathon in my lifetime. And I'm totally okay with it. :)

Beth said...

I am so sad I wasn't in that picture with my family!! ( I was visiting my sister in Las Vegas) I will be there next year!

heather said...

YEEAAH!!! i love running 5k's! nice and short and fun. it was nice to have one on a saturday instead of sunday.(too bad i look like a sweaty little boy in that picture)