Wednesday, June 10, 2009

2nd Annual Roommate Weekend Getaway!

Some of you may remember last year around this same time I took a trip with my ricks college roommates to Park City. The group wasn't exactly the same as last year. One came who wasnt there last year and 3 weren't there this year that came last time. (Confused?) We decided to meet in St. George since it was the middle for california and Utah. We had such a great time as expected and it was such a nice getaway! We laughed so much and could just let loose and have a good time.



We stayed in Dixie College housing, which was great because it made it feel just like the good ole' days. It really was hilarious and added to the whole feel of the weekend. Not only was it cheap but it had plenty of room and we all had our own beds custom with plastic sheets! We made breakfast each morning and played cards at night. I can't remember the last time I laughed that hard and cried that much in one weekend. We had so much catching up to do and it was awesome to not have any plans that required us to hurry!


We ate alot! It seemed our weekend revolved around the next meal and where we were going to eat. I guess thats what you get when you have 2 pregnant women around. The first place we ate at was a really cute cafe called "25 Main". It was decorated so cool and the food was delicious. Not to mention they had yummy cupcakes!


Nicole and I are both pregnant and love our treats! We had just eaten but somehow found a way to squeeze in something more!



We all really wanted to get pedicures. We kept saying how we just want to go to a cheap asian place! We about died when we came across this. The funniest part.....no one was asian that worked there!
We were able to see 2 movies, read lots of magazines and veg out in our apartment. I love these girls and I love that we do this to stay in touch. Everytime we are together it is like no time has passed at all. I can't wait for next year and I hope we keep it going for years to come!

9 comments:

Heather and James Georgianna said...

fun!

sammysangel said...

looks like you had fun! you look great amber

Ruth said...

It's so cool that you guys make the effort to do this. I'm jealous, then again, I never had any roomates to have fun with. Oh and i love the foot picture, I can totally pick yours.

The Buhrley Bunch said...

How FUN!!! We discovered 25 Main last time we were in St. George too. Isn't it the cutest?

Miranda said...

That is so neat you guys all stay in touch! You are so good at balancing everyone in your life. Really you guys are coming, can't wait!

Anonymous said...

Hey Amber.. It's Courtney (Easton)
I got to your blog from Whitneys to Heathers... And so on. The pics of your sweet family are awesome!! Hey quick question for you... I know Nicole and would LOVE to get into contact with her. If possible will you send her my email. Thanks and I hope all is well with you and your amazing fam. I hope your feeling well!! It was so good to see you at Whits' shower!! xoxo

Courtney
courtney.easton.Ls7u@statefarm.com

Alli said...

Finally some pics! We did have a lot of fun and so many good laughs. I'm so glad we do this. Had it not been for you pushing it this year, it probably wouldn't have happened so thanks for making it work. Where to next year?

Melissa said...

Still bummed I couldn't be there this year. Looks like you guys had so much fun! NEXT YEAR IT'S ON!!!

Nicole said...

Thanks for the pictures. I seriously had so much fun and am so glad that we are making it an annual thing. You are the best!