Thursday, July 9, 2009

Porters First day of Preschool



We waited for a long time for this day to come. Every day that we dropped Eliza off at her Preschool Porter would cry because he wanted to stay. He knew that once he turned 3 he would be able to go. We decided to sign him up for a summer program so he could go with Eliza for a few months before she starts Kindergarten. He was such a champ this first day and was so excited. He just waved goodbye to us and ran in and at down on the carpet! It is nice for me to have 2 1/2 hours every monday and wednesday without any kids! I'm going to enjoy it while I can!



Matt didn't have school that day so he was able to experience this first with us! When we picked the kids up Porter told us, "I am a big boy! I didn't even do any crying and my teacher said I listened so good."

7 comments:

The Grantham Family said...

What a big day for Porter! I am soooooo dang glad you talked to me about preschool for Dalan next year. What was I thinking considering not putting him in....this just gets me pumped for some free time, well with a newborn that is!! He looks so excited to be at school and I cannot beliee that Eliza starts kindergarten! Will Porter have 2 years of preschool or 3???

sammysangel said...

congrats porter! youll have fun

The Buhrley Bunch said...

Oh my goodness, he's getting so b.i.g!

Jolyn Buhrley said...

Yes, Porter told us about going to school MANY times when he was here!! He looks adorable, such a little school boy--with his combed hair...he looks of big! I wanna hug him.

Melissa said...

That's so awesome! Yay for Porter. I love it that they can be together too. Not to shabby to have a couple hours to yourself either.

Unknown said...

Amber this is such a cute picture of Porter's first day at school. I am here at Christy's and she is teaching me how to leave comments.

Christy said...

Awww...is he really going to preschool? He's growing up. But he's totally ready! I'm so happy for him.