Thursday, August 27, 2009

Another Fun Day at Disneyland!

Call me crazy for taking my kids to Disneyland, by myself, 35 weeks pregnant but we had such a blast and I am so glad I did! I was only going to go for an hour or two. This is our last week of summer before school starts and also the last week before our passes expire. I ended up going at 10:30 in the morning and not leaving until 6:30. We just kept having so much fun we didn't want to leave. It was nice for it to just be the 3 of us. We could do whatever we wanted and not have to worry about anything else! We were able to squeeze in so much surprisingly with how hot and crowded it was.


Eliza was so excited to see Minnie she thought it was worth the 30 minute wait in the sun! It was worth it to see how happy she was to take her picture and give her a hug. I thought she had grown out of this, but apparently not!



We bought a few souveneirs (which we don't usually do since we go often enough) and sat and waited for the parade! My kids loved it and luckily the things they chose kept them entertained for 45 minutes.

Eliza was thrilled to be able to go on the Buzz lightyear ride all by herself. She felt so big. Lucky for me she was happy about it because with only 3 of us we didn't really have much of a choice.

Since it was such a hot day I brought the kids swimming suits and we went over to California Adventure and played in the fountains. They loved this! I think this was the Highlight of the whole day! As we were leaving we saw that the street parade was starting so we just sat down and watched it.


I can't believe how well the day turned out. The kids behaved so well, listened, didn't complain, and really were troopers. I wish every day was like this!

4 comments:

sammysangel said...

cute and yea i hate it when disneylands crowded

Christy said...

that's awesome. The girls and I used to go all the time by ourselves when we had passes. It's nice to have passes cuz you don't feel like you have to spend the whole day there. And ya, the girls are 10 years old and would STILL be elated to see Minnie Mouse. I'm glad they haven't grown out of it. I don't know if they'd admit it to their friends, but secretly they still love the princesses and characters.

I thought you were crazy at first too, but what a great time you guys had. I can't believe Eliza wore a long sleeved shirt. haha. I felt hot FOR her. But then when you said you brought swimming suits, that makes it all the better.

Jolyn Buhrley said...

At 35 weeks pregnant, you deserve to have the perfect DL day!! I can't believe you are getting so close to holding a newborn! Your kids look so happy. My favorite pictures have to be Eliza with Minnie-her face is so beautiful-and the close-up swim picture of the two together. Doesn't get cuter then that.

Kimberli said...

You ARE crazy! :) Looks like it was a great day...gotta love it when you leave places like that and everyone is STILL in a good mood.