Saturday, September 19, 2009

Beach Camping Schultz Reunion

This is a yearly reunion we have with just my immediate family. It is crazy how much we have grown! We decided to go to Carpenteria which is about 2 hours north. It was alot of fun and alot of work for being 36 weeks pregnant at the time! Call me crazy!! I am so glad we made it possible though because there were so many fun memories and my kids love camping and spending time with their cousins. I didn't take my camera to the beach but we spent a good amount of time just playing in the sand and water.



I really wish I would have gotten a picture of Sam's lip after he woke up with a spider bite the first morning. He was definitely reminded why you sleep in a tent not on a mattress in the back of your truck!





SANTA BARBARA ZOO:
One of the days we decided to drive to the Zoo. Some of the family chose to stay behind and sit on the beach, but we had a great time changing it up and getting away! It is a fun zoo and the kids had a blast!



Uncle Myles found a butterfly coming out of its cacoon that was attached to a bush. He broke it off and let the kids watch it emerge. It was actually really cool and Eliza was of course in heaven!

We were all so intrigued by this Elephant and watched him for probably a half hour. It was so neat to see him break a peice of bamboo with his trunk and then eat it. Afterwards he went into the pond and gave himself a bath.






TALENT SHOW:
What is a Schultz reunion without a talent show? This really is the highlight of the whole thing. My family is crazy and comes up with some crazy ideas....

Katie and Ben doing Synchronized swimming with matching floral caps!

Porter on his own signed up to show his Whistling as a talent. It was pretty cute!

Then he decided that wasn't enough and started breaking it down. We were pretty amazed at his moves!
Max showing off his skateboard skills.
Rocky the comedian with his offsides jokes...
I loved that Eliza wanted to be big like Xoe and Xanthe and do a dance with them instead of Ballet with Ruby and Piper.

Mom and Dad sang a song dressed like my grandparents.
And best of all...Myles did an interpretation of a story Nanette was telling in Bubble Talk. At the end she told us she is expecting! WE ARE SO EXCITED FOR THEM! IT WAS A GREAT ANNOUNCEMENT!

7 comments:

Beth said...

How fun!! To have such a wonderful tradition that your children will always remember. It doesn't get any easier as you add more kids to your families or move away... but it so important to keep this annual family camping trip..with the talent shows going each year.

I LOVE all the photos!! I heard about Katie & Ben's amazing synchronized swimming...they look better then I imagined

sammysangel said...

very cute an looks like fun

Heather and James Georgianna said...

all i have to say is THANK you THANK you for not putting a picture up of me, ryan and harrison!

Christy said...

PLEASE I wish you HAD put up a picture of "Single Ladies". I didn't get pictures of it and I'm SO bummed. Good times were had for all!

Simcah Reid said...

looks like fun. I love the talent show. I can't believe you are so close to having your baby. Post pics.

Jolyn Buhrley said...

You have such a FUN family!
Those pictures of Porter had as busting up. Such memories of Mitch at that age!!! What was your talent??:) I would have liked to see Single Lady pictures also....I think you should add more to this post!

Nan said...

PLEASE REMOVE THE LAST AND FINAL PICTURE OF ME. THIS IS A PLEA. ;)