Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Holy Cow! Is she really old enough....

Today was Eliza's first day of Kindergarten and she LOVED it! When I picked her up she gave me a big, excited hug and said "Kindergarten is awesome!"




Did anyone notice that in the first picture she is carrying a Dora lunch bag and in the next photo she has a High School Musical one. So apparently Dora is for little kids. She informed me with sad tears in her eyes when she realized I had not gotten a new lunch bag for her. She looked at me and said "But mom, if I take a Dora lunch bag then everyone is going to think I like Dora....AND I DON'T!" So luckily she has afternoon kindergarten and it doesn't start until 10:20. So we quickly drove to the store to get a new one. Fortunately for us there was 1 girl lunch bag left and luckily it was one she liked!
She said she loves her teacher and that she is so nice! I asked her why she thought she was nice and she said it was because her voice it nice and she lets us do things! I didn't really get too sentimental which is surprising for me. I was happy to see her go because she was so excited!





9 comments:

Brynn said...

I can't wait for those days!

pepper said...

I love her big huge smile.

sammysangel said...

i cant believe shes old enough for kindergarden. i wish sometimes i was in kindergarden

Nan said...

Eliza looks so cute and ready for K. I love her smile too... and her HSM lunch box. Tell her Piper will take her Dora one because she still loves her.

Jolyn Buhrley said...

We all loved this post! The picture of her and her new lunch box says it ALL! (she has seemed ready for Kindergarten since about age two!:))

She looks so,so sweet. Love the photo shoot in front of the school too. love and miss you.
We need some recent tummy shots before it's to late!!!!!

Christy said...

I love so many things about your post. I love that I have the extended version of this story that is so dang funny! I love that she is going to kindergarten because I'm a sucker for things like the first day of school, new school supplies/clothes and lunch boxes. I also love that she is going to Arovista cuz seriously that is the best school in the world. What I don't love is that she is growing up super fast. But at least she's cute while doing it. :)

The Grantham Family said...

Crazy that she is in real school! She looks cute for her first day and I totally did notice the lunch box switch! Classic Eliza...She is darling. Miss you all!!

Heather and James Georgianna said...

haha crazy that she is old enough. It kind of broke my heart thinking she was getting to cool for things! Ps. I like the pics

Spilsburys said...

I enjoyed this post vary much and I love her lunch box !!!!So cute cant wait till my kid goes to school !