Sunday, October 4, 2009

She's Here!!










Lily Odessa Buhrley came to us early Thursday morning October 1st. We are so excited to have her here and healthy. The labor was the hardest and easiest one so far! Hardest because my contractions were awful, the worst I had ever felt, and the easiest because from the beginning of the first contraction until she came out was 6 1/2 hours! I only had to push 3 times and my recovery has been great! It was an emotional and triumphant experience. I don't know that many more words can put into perspective all that I felt and continue to feel. Probably every mother knows what I am talking about.

My mom and Matt were of course in the delivery room like the other 3, but this time my sister in law Ruth was able to come and take pictures. I was so thrilled that she was willing to do this because I feel like she captured the emotion of it all, not just the event. She does photography not as a business but because she is good and loves it and I am so glad I was able to feel her love! Thanks Ruthie for the amazing job you did! Matt and I are both so pleased and so thankful.

15 comments:

Wendy Buhrley said...

Hi guys! I am SOOOOOOO happy and thrilled to see my sweet little niece! So is just beautiful - REALLY BEAUTIFUl (like her mom) :) Congratulations!!!! I can not wait to meet her, and hold her, and kiss her at Thanksgiving. The pictures are amazing! Ruth did a wonderful job. Can't wait to talk and hear more! Love you!

Mollie said...

YAY! Congrats! She is beautiful!

Kimberli said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! She is beautiful and I LOVE the name... Lily has always been a favorite of mine. It looks like the whole fam was thrilled with her arrival... great pictures!

k berrett said...

yea!! Congratulations!! I am so surprised you had time to blog already and get pictures up! SO awesome! I am really happy for you!! love ya'll!

The Manzo's said...

CONGRATULATIONS Amber!!!! I'm so excited for you and your family :) She's beautiful!!!

Jason and Kelsey said...

oh i LOVE these pictures! ruth really does a great job! i totally agree that you can FEEL what's going on when you look at them. lily is such a doll...and i love her name! so glad she's finally here, and has put you out of your misery ;) let me know when you're up to having a visitor, because i need a way to pass the time until lily's boyfriend gets here!!! ;)

sammysangel said...

shes beautiful amber! congrats

anderson's said...

She is adorable! I love the pictures! Congratulations! We love you guys!

Nan said...

Amber- those pictures are so neat. She is perfect and you did an amazing job! I love the pics of you and Matt together. I can't wait to see Lily again..

Spilsburys said...

I love the pics she really did capture the moments GREAT JOB Ruth
Lily is so BEAUTIFUL congratulations

Marshall and Dana said...

Congrats!!! The pictures and the baby are both so beautiful!!

Melissa said...

She is really gorgeous! Love the name. That's really cool that you had your SIL there to capture that for you guys. Too cool.
Glad to hear you're recovering quickly. Keep us posted. LOVE YOU GUYS!

Kirsten Brockner said...

congrats! (I'm also suprised you are blogging already.) She looks beautiful. I LOVE the pictures. how special to have those. nice stylin' gown also:)

Shaun & April said...

Congrats! She is so cute, and perfect! Love your hospital gown, where do I get one of those? Congrats again to your cute family.

whitneyingram said...

Oh Amber! She is precious and perfect. I am glad to hear all went well. And bless Ruth for capturing the emotions of it all. Those are great pictures. It is a good reminder that the whole experience isn't just about the pain. Makes me excited to do it again.

I hope these first few weeks are magical for your family.