Saturday, October 10, 2009

So much to be excited about...

Visitors

I had so many visitors while I was in the hospital. I loved that! I felt the excitement from everyone who came. I was so spoiled with flowers and gifts and I wish I would have taken more pictures with all those who came. We were so lucky that Lou and Jolyn (Matts brother and SIL) happened to be in San Diego that weekend for some conferences. We were so happy that they drove all the way up to see us and meet Lily. Matt's other brother Mike and his wife Pepper live close by and they were also able to come for a visit. All of my family that lives in town, many friends and ward members came too! Some might want to just rest and not have visitors but I loved and welcomed each one! It made the experience all the more special.



Going Home from the Hospital

I love the hospital experience after having a baby. Am I crazy? Every delivery I have wanted to stay as long as they will let me. This time, I wanted to stay even longer! I love just sitting in the hospital bed, not worrying about anything else except my new baby. I love the hospital food, I love that they will take my baby to the nursery for several hours at night while I put in ear plugs and sleep, I love that they come in to check on me and give me advice when I need it, and at this new hospital, I loved that they had vanilla, chocolate or strawberry milkshakes I could order anytime during the day!!
I had Lily early thursday morning and was discharged saturday morning. Somehow I didnt even leave until almost 2:00 saturday afternoon. It was nice to enjoy the last day of alone time for awhile! The kids were so excited for us to come home though! They made cute posters welcoming us home and we just sat on the couch taking turns holding her. It was a very nice day!





One awesome friend!

My friend Brittany (a friend from Dental School days) and her family surprised me the day I got home from the hospital. They live in Arizona and hadn't had plans to come visit. But friday night after Lily was born, Brittany decided she just couldn't wait to meet her. I can't tell you how much this meant to me. Her and her family just jumped in the car on saturday afternoon and then left sunday afternoon. Saturday night Nate and Matt took the kids swimming at their Hotel so Brittany and I could just catch up and enjoy Lily. She also brought me a huge box of girl baby clothes she has been collecting for probably 6 years now. She is pregnant with her 3rd boy and had decided she no longer wants to hold onto them anymore. I am more than thrilled that she gave them to me because Brittany has awesome shopping abilities.

Thanks Brittany and family for making the trip and for saving me sunday morning! It was a hard morning with Matt having to go into school. Thank you for just taking over and making me sleep. You are a terrific friend and I love you like a sister!







Lily...1 week old!

We are loving her more and more everyday! She is so sweet and good natured. We feel very blessed. We are still trying to figure out our days and nights (which is never easy), but thanks to good family and friends that live close by I have been able to stay home most of the week to just enjoy her and rest. Porter is having to adjust to not being the baby of the family anymore but he just loves her so much and wants to kiss and hug her all the time....maybe a little too much!





Right now I am still in my bed on saturday morning at 10:05. How? Because my awesome sister Nanette and her husband Myles took my kids for the weekend! I am exhilarated! Yesterday was a hard day for me. For some reason I was hit with a bit of the baby blues for no reason at all. But when the kids were dropped off, I really felt so much better. It was nice last night for Matt and I to be able to just enjoy Lily and not have the stress of putting the other 2 to bed. Of course, Lily then slept so good. She only woke up once and then slept in until 8:00. I really needed the sleep! Matt and I just laid in bed and loved her for an hour. Then I decided to blog about all the happenings while matt is downstairs making me breakfast! Not sure what the rest of the day will consist of, maybe even just sitting on the couch of doing nothing.....the possibilities are endless!

11 comments:

Sunny said...

Amber,

We are so happy for you and this new little sweetie.

But seriously... where are the pictures in that awesome outfit Linds and I got Lily? Oh wait, you're saving it for her blessing day aren't you? Nothing says special occasion like an acid wash denim jumper and mustard yellow turtleneck. I can't wait!

Melissa said...

You have such great family and friends to take care of you like that!
She is so beautiful. It's crazy to see how quickly babies change. Even in the first week!
Take care of yourself and rest up. Love you!

PS- I do think you are a little crazy about liking the hospital. I can't get out of there fast enough!

Beth said...

You look so good for just having a baby! (I love the hospital gown...I am guessing that is the one Kelsey made for you)

You have amazing friends all over the United States! I can't believe one drove down from Arizona,Pregnant with 2 little boys! You are LOVED!

Laura & Eliza said...

Amber, what a loved person u r. How great to have so many people come and see ur sweet new baby. She's adorable by the way. I too loved the hospital when I had my baby. I would cry for a month after, begging to go back. Haha! I still think it sounds like a whole reason to have another baby. U look wonderful! Congrats on adding to ur already beautiful family!!!

The Buhrley Bunch said...

I love all the posts. Having a baby IS a special time, isn't it? It makes me kind of nostalgic. She is SO beautiful, such a little princess. We're so happy for you :0

sammysangel said...

very cute shes ADORABLE

Shaun & April said...

I'm jealous of the box of girl clothes from Brit... I know her shopping skills and I bet they are adorable. It was fun to see her in your pics since she doesn't update her blog much these days. HINT HINT Brittany

Anonymous said...

Sweet Sis! Oh, I would really being heart sick right now if I hadn't at least held Lily for a few minutes. These pictures are beautiful. Ruth does an amazing job. I got on her blog and looked at all of them-I only wished there were more, they were so good. I LOVED the pictures of the kids with her, especially Porter looking sweet and mischevious while she is looking at him! I'm so glad you have so many people that love you and are giving you the love and support you deserve. Kiss those soft cheeks and eyelids for me and keep posting pictures!! Love you.

Mollie said...

Amber! I want to come see her! I'll call you this week and drop by.

Wendy Buhrley said...

Lily is just SO pretty! I love that her little cheeks are already starting to fill out in her 1 week pictures! (I think Dad B. would comment that she is getting some good groceries :) Yeay! I just can't even wait to meet her. I have a fun box to send off this week - I just finished making a few little things that I wanted to add to it. Girls are so much fun!

I do have to say that the picture of my 3 beautiful sisters together loving on my little niece made me tear up a little - because someone is missing :( I am so looking forward to Thanksgiving/Lily's blessing. Tell Mom and Dad B. to get their fill before we come because I might have a hard time sharing her. :) Love you!

Anonymous said...

Lily is so beautiful!! Congrats Amber to you and your sweet family! Can't wait to see her!!
xoxo
Courtney