Wednesday, January 20, 2010

running in the rain



This morning I woke up to go running with my friend Brynn. We used to run together over a year ago before she got pregnant and then I got pregnant. We were so excited to start up again and started last week. We missed monday because of the holiday and then got motivated to go today. We knew it would be cold because it had been raining the whole week but decided to do it anyway. We got about a 1/4 of a mile away and it dumped rain on us. At first we thought it was kind of fun but then it just kept raining harder and harder and we realized it was very cold and getting much worse! So we literally sprinted home to get our exercise and get out of the rain!

4 comments:

The Manzo's said...

You girls are too funny!!!!

Beth said...

I was out running yesterday and the same thing happened to me! How funny. When I left a little before 8:00am, it wasn't even drizzling...about 1 mile into my run it started raining and within a few minutes it was pouring. At first I was laughing too. But then as I started getting colder I picked up my pace and ran home...dripping wet.

I am running in the Half maraton on Saturday in St George. We might get some rain and it is going to be about 20 degrees cooler so I guess it was good practice.

sammysangel said...

its POURING here in NJ right now

Melissa said...

that's dedication. I'm all about the treadmill while it's still cold out.