Monday, March 29, 2010

Disney and Lemonade

Matt had a few days off for his spring break and we decided instead of spending the money to go somewhere out of town, we would just hang out around here and do some fun things. Since Matt doesn't get a ton of days off, we decided to utilize our Disney passes again with him! We sure had a good time and the kids were so happy to have him with us!



































































































































While at Disneyland Eliza really really wanted to get her face painted. She has asked me every time we have gone and I cannot bring myself to pay $14.00 for something that will just wash off at the end of the night. So I told her that she can earn her own money by doing chores and if she decides she can use her money for face painting the next time we go. So of course, the very next day, Eliza had a genuis idea of instead of having to do chores to earn her money, she was just going to have a lemonade stand! I wish I would have gotten a picture of the 6 neighbor kids she recruited to help her flag down cars and even go door to door. It was pretty cute! I was so proud of her that at the end she even decided to give them 2 quarters each! She also had a cute little 3 year old helper that drank most of the product and did a good job of eating chocolate cookies the whole time!

2 comments:

Christy said...

Darling! Okay, first off those pictures at disneyland actually makes me miss taking my little girls (who aren't so little anymore). I swore after having disney passes for years and all the things about disney I hated (hot weather, crowded, etc.) I wouldn't do it again. But those pictures make me miss the fun times of Disney. And the lemonade stand cracks me up! At least she wasn't charging $5.00 for a glass of lemonade, like Xoe and Xanthe tried to do one time. haha. They've learned their lesson but still try to get $1.00 out of some people for a tiny cup of watered down lemonade. They've led a few lemonade stands with Eliza haven't they? I love the pictures of Porter.

Tyree Judd said...

Disneyland looks so fun! Makes me want to take a trip! Cannot even stand how cute that lemonade stand is! Love it!