Thursday, July 15, 2010

Porters Jedi Birthday



We planned a really fun Star Wars themed birthday this year for Porter. It was right up his alley and he had so much fun. We had about 14 kids for a Jedi Training! The parents dropped them off and we had 2 hours of FUN! They first were presented with their robes and light saber so they could complete the Jedi course Matt had planned out.


I love this picture below of Porter using the force on Matt. It speaks volumes about Porter and his intense personality. He really is whole heartedly into whatever he is doing at the time!













Porter could not wait to turn 4! He looked forward to this day for a long time. Although, I realized, I think he would have been just fine with the cupcakes I made for his preschool and a few presents from us. His preschool birthday was a few days before his actual birthday. Everytime I would ask him if he was excited for his birthday he would say, "no mom, I am already 4. Remember? at preschool!"

I just love this kid! I am so thankful for him and his place in our family. He brings so much "life" into our lives!

10 comments:

Emily Rosell said...

um, the yoda cookies look to real to eat, amazing. you're a superstar mom, and please rock those buns to church! I'm in if your in.

Heather and James Georgianna said...

wow you went all out! DIdn't realize how many amazing things you did! Looks like fun!

Wendy Buhrley said...

Seriously??!!! Wow! That is so super cute! I love it! Happy Birthday Porter! XXOO

Jolyn Buhrley said...

love everything about this Jedi party!!! The invite, costumes, (you looked gorgeous!) the FOOD!!!! This party rocked. SO creative. I NEED you to be my party planner!!!! seriously.

Joan & Lou said...

Happy birthday again Porter. What a great party. Wish we could have been there for all the fun and great looking treats. Love, Grandma & Grandpa B

The Manzo's said...

You did a great job!!! Happy Birthday Porter!!! :)

The Grantham Family said...

This is just one of the reasons I adore you. You don't just throw a party....you make it look like it came right out of "Family Fun" but you make it seem effortless. I LOVE the invite, what a darling idea and the costumes, food, (with totally cute tags) and even the fact that you dressed the part..you are amazing! Happy Birthday Porter! (Can you believe these boys are 4...)

Shaun & April said...

So cute, you can plan any one of my next parties...

The Brown's said...

What an awesome party! I love it that you dressed up! You looked better than the real leah! Cute cute kids! I was just thinking of Eliza today, we went to the Childrens Museum and I painted the same butterfly on Maeley as I did Eliza like 4 years ago! Crazy how time flies! Take Care!

Brynn said...

Wow! You are so detailed! Looks like a fun party!