Saturday, August 14, 2010

Eliza's Dance Recital

Eliza has been taking dance at the studio my sister Heather and I took dance at when we were younger. She started a tap/ballet combo class back in January. Its been fun to watch her learn new things and also to visit with the other moms in the class. I met some really neat ladies that I am gonna miss when we move. Eliza didn't seem too thrilled about the class and we weren't going to continue on with dance after the recital. Then she decided that she loved the performing part and realized that all the hard work pays off! She really had a great time and really shined that night!







Eliza was so happy Grandma could come. Tickets were expensive and it was on a saturday night which is my parents busiest day. So we were more then thrilled to find out she could be there.




After the show Matt took the younger 2 kids home and Eliza and I stayed and finished watching the rest of the recital. Eliza asked me why she didnt hear me scream her name when they were walking on stage. Apparently a few of the other girls had some older sisters that screamed out their names. The funny thing is, I used to be that obnoxious sister that would yell out my brothers names at choir concerts and plays! Next time Eliza I wont let you down!

8 comments:

Ruth said...

I want to see an enchore performance! She looks so cute.

heather said...

so cute! i love that it's the same dance studio you went to. my sister & i did ballet/tap/jazz when we were that age. did she dance to "good ship lollipop"? i'm with ruth, she should do a family performance.

The Grantham Family said...

So cute. You should definitely look into putting her in dance when you get back. She looks like a STAR!!! The final performance makes it all worth it for the dancer, and the mom (who drives them to and fro each week eh') She looks beautiful and what a darling costume!!

Wendy Buhrley said...

So Darling! I love these pictures!! Ash loved looking at these pictures and I just posted Ashley dance recital a couple of days ago :) I love reading your blog and feeling in the know -- you do such a great job. :) Love you!

xoe villa said...

That is SO CUTE!! I love the giant lollipop and her dress is really cute. That is really funny that she asked you why you didn't scream her name. She HAS to do it again when we come!! I wish I was there for it. Tell her that I really like her dress. Love Ya

Unknown said...

I love you Eliza! You are so talented and even though I wasn't there I bet you were the girl you shined on stage! You are so cute and when I come to visit you HAVE to show me some of the moves! I remember when we came to one of your practices! You were so good! Love you! mwahhh!

Joan & Lou said...

We love all the blogs you have posted Amber. The pictures are great. Eliza looks so beautiful with
her hair in ringlets and the darling costume. We wish we could have been there to watch the recital. Grandma and Grandpa
B.

tashee said...

check it out Celine Dolabuy learn this here now Hermes Dolabuy visit homepage Dolabuy Chrome-Hearts