Wednesday, September 1, 2010

11 months and 1st Grade!

Today Lily turned 11 months the same day that Eliza started the 1st grade. Let's just say it was a very emotional day. Worse then kindergarten for me. I actually didn't even cry when i dropped her off last year. This year, I woke up at 3:00 a.m. in tears. I was emotional to begin with that she was going into first grade. For some reason it just feels more like big kid time. But more because we went to look at her class list and found she was not put in a class with anyone she knows. This may not seem like such a big deal, but we are only going to be here for 3 weeks and I wanted her to just have a fun time with her friends. It is just crazy that no one was put in with her. Truly not one friend she was excited about. I have learned alot about Eliza from this situation. She is such a sweetheart and I could see that it made her sad but she stayed so positive and really didn't let it get her down. I just hope she doesn't lose excitement for school because of it. I am also emotional just that this feels like the beginning of all the change. Its going to be a hard move but worth it in the long run. I am just ready to get there!




So now on to the fun stuff! Lily is starting to become that baby that isnt always so easy. She is everywhere! Climbing out of her highchair, the cart, out the back door to eat dog food, etc...But she is still just as sweet as can be and we love her more and more everyday. This month she learned how to give kisses. It is so cute! She puckers her lips and says "mmmmmah!" We really love this trick as we love to give her lots of kisses! She is eating more solid food but still loves baby food! Now whenever she sees us eating something she wants she just grunts until we give her some. Its pretty cute!





Eliza and I sat on the grass after school and talked about her day. She didnt have the same excitement like she did last year but hopefully she will try her best at loving it. Which if I know her right, she will. I feel blessed to have these two beautiful daughters. They both bring me so much joy!


(oh, and I didnt have an 11 month sign but I think the pictures are cute enough without it!)

7 comments:

Mindy Stephenson said...

It's so crazy that she is that big

Beth said...

You do not to worry about Liza...she is like her mommy.
Everyone she meets loves her and want to be her friend.
If it helps you feel better when
I asked Ollie how his first day of school went he said, "Great!, except Liza's would only play with all het new friends at recess."

I can't believe you will be moving in 3 weeks...your family will be missed!!!

Jolyn Buhrley said...

I felt the same way about fist grade. It is much harder then K. I can't even think about next year when my baby will be in first. The pictures are darling. Your girls, beautiful.

Let me know the exact day you'll be here! (Lou doesn't remember important details like that.) My kids are really hoping you'll be here for Lily's birthday!! :)
We can't wait to see you, we love you all so much!!!!!

Tyree Judd said...

Amber I always love reading your posts because it shows how into your family you are and I love that. YOur kids are all beautiful and I kind of wish I could go to your next family reunion! It looks sooo fun! Where are you moving??

Grandma and grandpa B. said...

Those beautiful grandchildren are growing up too fast!! We miss all of you and can't wait to see you soon. Eliza will have lots of new friends with 2 schools and new classes this year.

The Grantham Family said...

Lily is so dang cute! Can't wait to meet her in person and for Khloe to have a new bestie!

Now get ready to snap a few more "first day of first grade pictures, round 2!" Can't wait sista :) Hopefully next time, it will be a little easier on you!

Christy said...

I'm with Beth. Eliza will do great and sometimes we as parents feel more anxiety than the kids do. It will be good for her too to get some quick practice at making new friends in a familiar environment so that when she has to make friends in an unfamiliar one, it will be that much easier. Maybe this is a good thing. Lily is getting so big. Brian just walked over and said, "Who's baby is that? Has it been that long since Lily was born?" haha. She is so darling! I feel like I'm missing out on so much with her. What a cutie!