Tuesday, October 12, 2010

12 months....or 1 year!




I really can't believe it. Has 12 months really gone by? So much has happened in the last year but it truly seems like I just gave birth to lily. I could not imagine my life without this little girl. She has brought so much sweetness and peace into our lives and into our family. We love her so much and as hard as it is to realize that she is 1 and not a "baby" anymore, it is so fun to watch her milestones and watch her grow.





A few days after her birthday we had a little party with a few friends and family. It was so fun to all be together again and once again, they bailed me out and helped me tremendously to make the party happen!

A few things about Lily this month:
-She started putting her hands together for "more" in sign language.
-Sometimes when she gets too excited she hits your face. But we tried to tell her to be soft and we say it in a soft voice. Now when we pick her up, she pets our face and says "sof, sof". (its pretty dang cute)
-Stands on her own but still not walking.
-Cruises around with her crawling where often times I can't keep track of where she has gone.
-Still loves baby food. She will eat solids, but prefers any fruit or vegetable mixed with rice cereal!
-Had her first "sleepover" with Auntie Heather and Uncle James for 3 1/2 days......more pics and info of that trip to come!

3 comments:

Kimberli said...

That is one sweet face! Happy birthday to Lily!

Ruth said...

I LOVE her outfit!!! Did you make her shirt, so cute. I can't believe she is 1 either. And yet that seems like a lifetime ago that I was driving home at sunrise from St. Judes.

Melissa said...

She's darling!