Monday, October 11, 2010

The Move...

We finally moved and it was definitely a hard one. Harder then I thought it would be. Not just the packing up but the saying goodbye just about killed me. I think I cried about 8 of the 16 hour drive. I had ALOT of time to just sit and think about how sad I was leaving my family and friends in california. After about half way, the sadness started to wear off and the excitement started to creep in to see my Idaho Friends and be in my house.

This is the day of the move. We were so fortunate to have so many helpers come and fill this entire truck with all of our stuff. I kind of can't believe it all fit and then I kind of can't believe we have that much stuff. (I wish I would have taken more pictures, but the day turned out pretty crazy and a little surreal!)


My friends here are so awesome and definitely gave me the welcome I was so needing. Someone picked up pizza, soda and set up a block party! We again had lots of helpers to unload the truck and stay and help us get a little settled. My friends unpacked my entire kitchen and rewashed every dish! They are amazing!


The kids have done really amazing with all that has been going on in their lives. They were troopers on the 3 day drive and have really adjusted so well with all the change! I really am so proud of them. It helped to have so many of their neighborhood friends there to ride bikes and play with! Its been a fun neighborhood for them. They have constant play dates whenever they want it!



Then a great big surprise was when we were all standing outside I look across the street and see Heather and James pull up! I had no idea they were planning to come over. It was so amazing and of course made me cry. I was just thinking about how weird it was to not have anyone from my family there to experience this with or to have the help. I knew how much it took for them to get time off of work and make the 4 hour drive. It was so awesome to see them. They were able to stay for a few days and helped so much!


Its great to be here now. We are starting to feel a little more settled and trying to get into a routine and schedule. Lots of things are still in boxes but over all I think we have come a long way. Its been a roller coaster of emotions, but I know it was the right decision to move here and I really feel at peace and at "home".

9 comments:

Kelsey Crowder said...

how sad that you cried for 8 hours straight! moving is stressful and emotional anyways, but I can only imagine that it was EXTRA hard on you because the move was so big, and so far. Although I'm sad you're gone, I'm so happy to hear that you are happy and feeling at home! How nice to be returning to a place where you can just pick up where you left off with friends, a house, a ward etc. that you already know and love! Keep the pictures and posts coming... :)

Ruth said...

:( still sad:(

Mollie said...

Sad. I'll miss you guys!

Brynn said...

I'm glad the move went well, but I'm still bitter about the whole thing. Give it some time, I'm sure I'll be really happy for you soon. Just kidding, I really am happy for you guys, but do totally miss you!!!!

Christy said...

10,000 points for Heather (and James). Freaking amazing!

The Buhrley Bunch said...

Ugh, I hate moving. So sorry you had to go through that again. It's never easy to leave places and people you love so much :(

Jolyn Buhrley said...

weird, I thought you guys did have some family in Boise!!!:):)

Beth said...

Your house is beautiful!!! And a block party waiting for you to help you unpack...You are so luckey to have so many who love you.

And James & Heather are amazing to just show up!

Melissa said...

So hard to leave friends and family! I'm kinda glad you're closer to me though. We totally need to have a girls getaway and meet up in the middle sometime!