Thursday, November 11, 2010

Lily....13 months!

So Lily is technically out of the "months" stage, but I still want to try and blog about her milestones for my family and friends that live far away! So.... here is her "13 month" post!
-Lily has started to growl like a tiger. We kinda love it alot!
-She has won over the hearts of her cousins that live close. They really adore her and it is so fun to watch. There are 5 kids ages 17, 14, 11, 6 and 5 and they ALL just die over her. Not to mention her Aunt Jolyn and Uncle Lou have a pretty soft spot for her too! Its fun for us to have someone to show her off to.
-She loves to play peek-a-boo, patty cake, and has a cute crinkled nose smile! She loves to give out hugs and kisses and pats your back when she is really excited to see you!

She is still not walking but getting so close! She has become the best little shopping buddy. She just sits in the cart and eats her snacks. This might not be a good thing for my recent shopping habits. Its fun having her alone for a few hours each day while the kids are at school. Tonight I took a little extra time while rocking her to sleep because she seems to just be growing up so fast. It seems like just yesterday I was rocking Porter and thinking this stage won't last forever. I am trying to remind myself to slow life down and soak in the important things.

6 comments:

Heather and James Georgianna said...

she has won our hearts too...we miss her already!

Christy said...

Amber, I'm so glad you're doing this! I should have done it with spencer... it would have forced me to journal about his stages. plus, I love that you are letting us get to know her from so far away! I love everything you've written about her. I can't believe how big she's gotten. And look at that light hair!

Mary Bentley Williams said...

I love that Lily has just enough hair to put a clip in but it's still thin and short. Kaitlyn's was like that and it's adorable to see their hair grow as they do. :) Cute family!

Brynn said...

She is seriously the sweetest baby ever! I love these pictures of her. We miss your family!!!!!!

pepper said...

These cute pictures made me really miss you today. I hope you and Matt had great birthdays. It seems sad that I won't be going up to Brea for some family event or you coming down here for dinner any time soon.

Jolyn Buhrley said...

We leave 'her' bed up and hippo seat at the table ready to go, just because it feels good walking in and seeing it!! Yes, I'd say she has completely taken over our hearts. All of your kiddo's have. SO HAPPY YOU ARE BACK!!!!!!