Monday, January 10, 2011

A little of our Christmas

We had an amazing Christmas. We felt like we were able to enjoy the entire season. We tried to focus on the important things about this holiday and simplify things as much as we could. We spent Christmas over in Idaho Falls with Matt's parents. Needless to say, we had a incredible time! 





Christmas Eve

Making sugar cookies with Grandpa! A definite Buhrley Tradition!



Opening the traditional Christmas jammies from Grandma and Grandpa Schultz!

Checking to see how far away Santa is so the kids could rush off to bed. When I was laying by Porter that night he was tossing and turning and rolling around in his covers. I was starting to get frustrated and then he stopped and said "mom, how do I get snuggled in my bed? Santa told me he wouldn't come until I was snuggled up tight in my bed!"

 CHRISTMAS MORNING!!



Eliza's favorite gift this year was from her cousins Rocky and Piper. Her press on nails! I am not even kidding. This gift out won the video barbie or easy bake oven that she asked for. She was super excited and wanted to wear them all day long! 

Porters favorite gift this year was his batman cave. It provided hours of entertainment and we usually could find him sitting here whistling away!
Lily loved it all! She loved to unwrap the presents and steal the other kids candy! She  got a different baby doll from each set of grandparents. It was pretty cute that she knew to rock the baby and give it a bottle!

It was a magical holiday and we were sad when it came to an end. Porter asked me the other day when I was going to put the Christmas tree back up! My kids were at a fun age to make the holiday a memorable one!

3 comments:

Wendy Buhrley said...

Oh this really looks like heaven! I miss making sugar cookies at mom and dads house. It's been a long time since we have been there over Christmas - but this brings back sweet memories! You look gorgeous and the kids are so cute! We miss you! Ash has been talking about Eliza nonstop and even made her and Porter a valentine the other day. Oh, and btw we still have out tree up and Zac asked me if we could just leave it up all year. :) He almost convinced me with his point of how much less work it would be ;) Love you! XOXOXOXO

PS- I am just finishing a little slide show of our Christmas. Hope to post it today.

Jolyn Buhrley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jolyn Buhrley said...

Porter wanting to know how to get snuggled, is the cutest thing!! You made Christmas magical for your kids! I'm always so impressed with your creative ways to make things special for your kids! They are so lucky.