Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Road trip To Utah



After Christmas we drove down to Utah and spent a few days there. My Sister Christy and her family were visiting from Germany. Eliza was ecstatic that she was finally going to get to see her cousins Xoe and Xanthe. We were so excited that my Sister Nanette and her family also decided to drive up that same week. We had to make the drive down even if it was just for a few days. It was definitely worth it

Salt Lake Temple Lights
 Before we met up with my family we decided to stop by the Salt Lake Temple and look at the lights. We haven't done this since Matt and I were very first married. It was such a spiritual night and I am so happy we decided to do this at the last minute.




My kids were loving all the lights and the little Nativity that told the story of the birth of our Savior. Then we walked through the visitors center. They had these huge pictures of different scripture stories. I was completely amazed by how well Porter knew each story. Some better then me! That kid sure has a great memory and I think a sensitivity to the spirit. He asks me some pretty deep questions sometimes I don't really know how to explain to a 4 year old so that he understands.


-I will post the next few posts of pictures from our weekend with my family. We sure had a great time and we all wished we could have stayed longer!!-

3 comments:

Karyn said...

The lights at the temple are beautiful. I bet that was a great night. Miss you friend!

Christy said...

This trip was epic for me! I'm seriously so glad you made the trip. I will always appreciate it and can't wait for pictures to come! Woohoo! P.S. I bet if Porter understands that much already to ask the questions, he probably will understand it better than you think it needs to be explained. That's amazing to hear. I didn't know that about him.

sammysangel said...

cute pictures! LOVE the one of the temple