Monday, February 21, 2011

Porter's Performances

One day before Christmas I was in the kitchen and heard Porter playing around on our keyboard in the front room. All of a sudden I realized he was trying to figure out a song I had taught him in primary a few weeks earlier. I didn't think he was even listening when I was teaching it. So I asked him to sing it and was amazed that he knew EVERY SINGLE WORD. That kid...seriously! Most of the time he just sits there during singingtime and won't sing. So the first video is of him singing the song. Its pretty cute and makes me so happy when I hear it!

Then I this video below is of him trying to figure it out on the piano. You can kind of hear how he is listening to whether or not the note is right that comes next! 

Harmony Preschool Christmas Performance

 I didn't get the greatest pictures but I wanted to make sure and post about Porter's Christmas Performance because it was so stinkin cute. It was one of those proud mom moments. He looked so cute all dressed up and sat right in front singing his little heart out! We were excited that my SIL Jolyn and my neice Gracie could be there too. It made Porter feel so special that they came. They had it in a conference room at a hotel and I was so amazed out how well done it was. The kids really learned so many songs and I just love the preschool because they teach the kids alot about music.
I kind of love when Porter does this with his tongue. This is his shy face. He does this whenever he gets nervous or shy. I kind of DON'T love this when I am trying to take his pictures! 

I included this picture because this is the reason I dont have any good photos. This huge tall guy sat in the very front row. No matter where I stood or sat, his head was in the way. I was more then dissapointed!



4 comments:

Jolyn Buhrley said...

HA, that man's head was annoying!
Porter was so cute, and I was way impressed with what the kids had learned! I love his smile when he knows people are watching him.

Jolyn Buhrley said...

p.s.It's amazing what he can do on the piano!! seriously.

Kerstin said...

He has the cutest smile!

And does he know how to play the piano? Because he is not only figuring out which notes to play he also uses his whole hand not just his index finger.

pepper said...

Not only was the piano cool, but he sang the whole stinkin song by himself. That was awesome!