Sunday, May 8, 2011

Grantham Annual Easter Egg Hunt

We have some great friends that have thrown a neighborhood Easter egg hunt the saturday before Easter for the past 5 years. We were sad we had to miss out on 2 of them while we were living in california but really looked forward to it this year. My kids had such a fun time. We feel so lucky to live on a fun street with lots of kids and really good neighbors.
 My sister Christy and her girls made this dress and matching bow for Lily. It was the perfect easter outfit! 
 I think Lily picked up a total of 2 eggs. She was so cute when she would get one she wanted to make sure their was really something inside. She would shake it and if she didn't hear anything, she would open it, check and then close it and move on! It was fun to watch her be so excite about it!
 Porter was on a mission! He was climbing trees and trash cans determined to find those hard to reach places! 
The older kids went to the front yard first and filled their baskets with eggs while the younger kids went in the backyard. We didn't realize that the ratio for eggs per kid would not equal out to be somewhat fair by doing it this way. Some of the younger kids were pretty sad they only got a few once they saw the older kids had baskets filled with eggs. Eliza and many of the older kids were so sweet to share their eggs and candy to make them happy.  (plus this meant less candy that would be brought home for me to eat!)

8 comments:

Christy said...

Awesome! I love these pictures. I love that you put her in that dress too! haha. She grew a lot from the time I made that dress. :) So cute! Awesome picture of Lily with the Easter eggs and Spencer was just like her being picky with what eggs he wanted. :) I love your neighborhood!

Mindy Stephenson said...

sounds like lots of fun. Your kids are growing up fast. They are adorable!

sammysangel said...

tooo CUTE!!!!

Jolyn Buhrley said...

such a cute post! I think the picture of Lily by the fence is a new favorite!! You've got to put it on facebook...and tag Mac. I know he will want it!! It was so much fun to have you guys pop in last night. My tulips look beautiful! :)

Andersons said...

Love these pictures - the Granthams rock!! :-)

pepper said...

How fun. I love Lily's dress. Good job Christy and girls!

Kerstin said...

Your family is very pretty! Remember how Ruth (I think it was her) said that Lily looks like Eliza and Porter had a baby? I also think she does. Eliza looks so much like you do and Porter like Matt. So come to think of it, Lily looks like a mixture between you and your husband...

Wendy Buhrley said...

Love all of these fun pictures! It looks like a wonderful Easter! Fun that I got to see the kids in their darling outfits in person! I love you and miss you!