Sunday, February 24, 2008

Our trip to New York

So for those of you that don't already know, Matt and I lost our camera while we were in New York. Luckily that was the only bad thing that happened on our incredible trip. Here are a few pictures that my Sister in law Ruth took. Thank goodness she thought to take fun pictures of us as well or we wouldnt have anything to show for our trip!

This is us on the back of the red bus tour. This is a bus that takes you around the whole town and tells you about all the sites. It gave us a great over view of new york and allowed us to see many things without having to walk in the freezing cold weather and paying all the cab fares.

This was Valentines Day at a really nice Italian restaurant. We had such a funny server that had a strong accent we could hardly understand. It made us laugh and the food was delicious!!

I really wanted to do all of the "touristy" things while we were in New York. Even though we just had breakfast I really wanted to get a hotdog in Central Park. Everyone was making fun of me but I didnt care! It was fun to do!

Matt and I in front of The Dakota where John Lennon was shot. We walked through the strawberry fields section of central park which was so pretty. We even saw a guy propose to a girl on bended knee.

Waiting for the bus to come back and pick us up. It was so cold but we had a good time laughing and making the best of it. Far left is Katie my sister in law who is married to my brother ben, then me, Ruth married to my brother Scott, and then Kristyn married to my cousin Jon.

At the "Serendipity" cafe! So cute and tiny. We had the delicious frozen hot chocolate and yummy burgers!

We loved all the little deli's everywhere. We usually ate at one for breakfast, grabbed a slice of pizza for lunch and then went out somewhere nice for dinner.

My brother Scott and his cute son Harper. He was such a good baby the whole time. We barely even knew he was there except when he was giggling and cooing! We took the Subway to alot of the places we went to. It was fun to figure it all out, see the crazies on it with you, and the rats on the track!

We also had to buy Hot nuts from the vender the last day in SOHO. We went shopping on Canal street but didnt buy anything knock off. We felt we had already spent enough on the whole trip as it was!

My sister heather was so nice and came up to take care of our kids so we could go. It was so fun to just be the two of us. Some of the highlights for me was going to Phantom of the Opera on Broadway, Dean and Deluca (felicity lovers!), and the Museum of Modern Art. It was amazing and we went on friday night when it was free! Our Hotel was also cool and just being with Matt traveling makes me so happy.

12 comments:

Josh, Lindsie, and Ava said...

That is so great that you were at least able to have a few pictures from the trip. It looks like you guys had a blast! I can't believe how stinkin' cute you look in every single picture. You could be a true New Yorker.

Shaun & April said...

Amber, it looks like you two had a great time. I love all your cute hats. See I'm not the only one with vacation hats (see my blog for clarification).

Jen Giorgis said...

Hey Amber...this is Jennifer Giorgis, Marc Cohn's daughter. I stumbled accross your blog and just thought I'd say hello. I can't believe how grown up your kids are. They are so cute....hope all is well in your world. You guys look great! Drop me a line sometime. giorgisfamily.blogspot

Kate said...

Ok, I'm green with jealousy. Mark and I have been twice, both times between Thanksgiving and Christmas. This first time we went was a total surprise to me (he told me the day we were getting on the red eye flight!) so I have such great memories of NYC. Then we went the next year too. We weren't able to go this year with the new baby, but plan on going next year. I think it's the best trip! So much to do and see, and you can go over and over and do new stuff each time! So many great places to eat, shop, see! The city is so big and magical!

So glad you and your hubby could go and enjoy each other!

Alli said...

New York is something else isn't it? I absolutely love all the cafe's, and one of my fav's is Seredipity. Ever since that movie came out I just had to go there, so last year I did it. One thing I missed however, was going to Dean and Deluca;) The tour bus was a fabulous idea! Is that the one where you can get on and off wherever, whenever? Sounds like you got to do some really fun things. So jealous!

The Grantham Family said...

You still got some great pictures considering you lost your cam cam....and I have to agree with Lindsie. "You look like a true New Yorker!" Looks like you guys had a blast. Better get ready for your next va-ca...going tropical!

Brittany said...

Great pics considering you lost your camera. You look cute with all your hats. Did you love your Uggs? Off to Last Chance tomorrow to look for my sister again. Maybe I'll see our "friend" again. I'll send you a picture if I do.

Mollie said...

So much fun! Carlos and I just got home from a trip to Cali, I love traveling with my hubby too. It is such a fun escape from reality.

Shaun & April said...

Amber, So jealous that you are going to his concert. I found him from the Catch and release soundtrack and then Ingrid was on Juno. I love both of them. I also blog stalk and looked at your cute friend molly that commented before me and found my sister's engagement photos on her site. Blogging makes it even a smaller world. I love it. Good to hear from you.

Kelli said...

Hey amber-- It's kelli Wasburn from village green. Hope that you are all doing well, I'd like to but you on my blog if you'd email me your email. washbkelli@frontiernet.net. Hope to hear from you soon. kelli

Josh, Lindsie, and Ava said...

Wow, I love the changes you have made to your blog!

Christy said...

Amber, I'm so glad you guys had a good time. And I'm so glad you did all the touristy things. I was going to say that I hoped you got a hot dog at a hot dog stand, and got the roasted nuts, etc. I'm glad you didn't let those who were laughing at you make you care, cuz THAT'S what it's all about. If you're gonna go to New York, you GOTTA do all the things that you've seen in movies and in magazines! It's the NEXT time you can do the random things. Woohoo! Happy you guys had a good time (but WAY bummed you lost your camera). We HAVE to get you a new one so you can keep blogging. Go New York!