Thursday, January 22, 2009

For those Inquiring Minds...

I have had a few questions asked of me that I thought I would clear the air for those that are wondering. And yes, I have been asked these MULTIPLE times.

1. NO, I did not highlight Porters hair. It may look like it, but seriously, how shallow do people think I am that I would highlight my 2 1/2 year old sons hair. I'm a little worried of what people think of me and what I would be willing to do.


2. YES, I have gained weight...but NO, I am not pregnant. Seriously people, do you not know that you dont ask unless the person looks at least 6 months along. Or maybe that means I look 6 months pregnant. I know it is now "time" for me to have another, but NO! I am not pregnant.


3. I have been asked several times if we miss being in Boise, or if our house has sold. Yes we miss Boise terribly (how could we not, look at the pictures below and what we could be living in) and No our house has not sold. We are happy that we now have renters which helps!

(Oh, how I miss cooking in that kitchen with my own dishes!)


(How could you not miss soaking in a tub like that?)

4. Yes we are still living with my parents and we have no idea when we will leave. Originally the plan was to stay a month or two until something happened with our house, but referring to number 3 it doesnt look like we are going anywhere any time soon. We have made some good friends in the ward and have loved living close to family. It gets frustrating at times but it definitely has its perks...
Here are a few of them...
(Heather and Harrison, the worlds best built in babysitters and friends to play with 24/7. Its so nice to not have to wake up Porter from his nap to pick up Eliza, go to a late night movie when kids are asleep, date nights when they offer because they are "just going to be at home anyway", fashion experts that help keep me young and in style, and the list could go on.)

(Sisters...When you have this many its sad to not be by them. I love each of them so much and it has been great building even better friendships with them. Ruth and christy arent in this picture but I love them too!)

(Who wouldn't love and appreciate an industrial ice machine. Never a need to buy bagged ice. you can just fill up your cooller and still have plenty!)

13 comments:

Katie Schultz said...

I am shocked that you have been asked some of those questions. When will people learn. Have a safe trip to AZ

Josh, Lindsie, and Ava said...

I almost wanna cry looking at those pictures of your house. Just come back and bring some of that sunshine with you.

It has been so gloomy here so looking at those pictures of your house in the sun makes me want to be sitting on that lawn so bad and just wasting the afternoon away.

I love you, I miss you.

You look great, Porter looks adorable(even with his highlighted hair), I'll buy you an ice machine.

LAURA and ELIZA said...

I wonder how come people are so nosey! I think you look awesome! For heaven's sake! You've had to 2 children! I didn't even look as good as you before I had a child!!!...and, atleast Porter looks like you. LOL! People ask me all the time if Eliza is my daughter or if I'm just babysitting. Nice huh?

Christy said...

haha. do you think you look fat in the picture with matt? And I can't believe you posted that picture with the green shirt on. hahahaa. And I miss your house too. That house was amazing. I'm proud of you for trying to be so patient with things. And who doesn't love Heather and Harrison. They're amazing! Can't wait to see you!

Ciera said...

You look great by the way and your kids are gorgeous!
I would miss that house too! Its way nice!
A while ago friends from your Boise ward, Pam and JD found my blog through yours. JD was Bryant's roommate at Ricks. What a small world!

Brynn said...

In no way do you look pregnant. You don't even look like you've gained weight. And Porter's hair is adorable, and you can totally tell it's all natural. I'm totally jealous of your house, and I love your family too! Thanks for visiting the other night!

Nan said...

Wow- that was an amazing post...

Shelley Nicole said...

ha ha! Oh Amber, I got a glimpse of what I love and miss about you in that post. Hope things are great down there! I miss Cali everyday! And I realized that at least one perk of being single still is that when I gain weight (and I DO OFTEN) nobody could possibly think I was pregnant, I'm just fat...lol P.S. I also just was in Boise this last weekend and found out that you were in the same ward with our long long long time awesome family friends, Bill and Teresa Pope! (Bill's parents are my parents best friends and met when my brother and bill played little league together forever ago) Love ya!

Jolyn Buhrley said...

Have I told you how much I love you? Just in case I haven't
-I DO!!

I am still laughing as I'm writing.....-and trying to figure out just WHO are those people you are talking to!! Can't we ALL find a picture that we look prego in!!!! You are so real, I love your post. Oh, and did I mention that I love you?!

Beth said...

Wow! Amber your home in Boise is beautiful! I would miss that bath tub too!...But is it nice having your cute family here in Brea!

Sunny said...

I didn't want to tell you this, but I think it's time. Lindsie keeps putting her dogs' poop on your front lawn to deflect potential buyers. She also often wanders around your yard and hers in her modest bikini that is anything BUT modest and screams obscenities at passing cars.

Seriously, she is killing your chances of a sale. But I don't mind. Besides, she looks pretty hot in that getup.

For real Amber, any time we start laughing to the puke limit I look at Lindsie and say, "Where is Amber?".
Every crazy and horrible idea we come up with we know we can only share with you and you will appreciate it for all that it is and more. We miss you. We need you. The trifecta of power is no more. Please come back. I'll wear a bikini too if it will help.

Melissa said...

Seriously, this post just made me laugh.
Miss you and love you!

Mike Simmons said...

My policy is that unless you see a head protruding from between her legs, you never ask. Feel free to pass my wisdom along. Your family is adorable. I miss Dr. Matty fixing my teeth.