Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Graduation Dinner at the Mission Inn






We were so excited that Matts parents flew in for his graduation and were able to stay for a few days. We ALWAYS love when they visit! All that matt wanted to do for his graduation was have dinner with both sets of parents and his brother and his wife who live here in california all go to the mission inn. Its this really cool restaurant/hotel with an amazing prime rib buffet at an outdoor courtyard. I can't quite describe it, but it was pretty cool. Glad Matt chose it and we were glad it worked out for everyone to come! I was pretty tired because this was the night after the marathon. And yes I went back 3 times for prime rib! LEAVE ME ALONE...I was STARVING!!!! I had to go home with my parents without taking the tour with the rest of them. Lets just say I knew there were too many stairs I wasn't going to be able to climb. I say tour, but really mean sneaking through the guest only barriers to explore the grounds.

6 comments:

Ruth said...

I thought all Matt wanted to to do was take ME out to the mission inn!!

I just figured out that you couldn't walk cuz it was after your marathon. Haha I wish i could've seen you hobbling around.

Melissa said...

Congrats! That's so awesome that he's done. What a fun place to celebrate at too.

What's the next step now? Will you guys be staying in CA or moving back to ID?

kristyn said...

Congrats to Matt for graduating and to you for running a marathon! I love your ghetto race story-- especially the part about peeing your pants. Too funny!

The Grantham Family said...

I remember one of the first times hanging out with you, driving to the Y early in the am and you mentioned that Matt didn't think he was quite done with school....NOW does he FINALLY feel done!!! Way to go Matt. What a HUGE accomplishment! Can't wait to see what the future holds for you guys!! Congratulations and that place looks ammmmazing!

pepper said...

I didn't want to wait and post this to Porter's birthday post (when it happens). I was afraid I would forget. But Nels just asked me, "Momma, I don't know why the U.S. Army doesn't figure out how to make light sabers."

Jolyn Buhrley said...

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!
and can I go ahead and answer Melissa.....IDAHO, they are moving back to IDAHO!!!!!!!!!!
LOVE YOU!