Tuesday, June 10, 2008

The Curse of the Pink Polka Dot Dress

 
Posted by Picasa

Many of you know of this already. Most of you that do know are because you are the neighbors who see us daily! Eliza is in love with this Pink Polka Dot Dress. Over Easter while in California we attended one of my Aunts many famous dress parties. The mistake I made was taking Eliza with me. I picked out her Easter dress, a pretty pink one with a big bow in the back and a flower on the front, thinking she would love it. Then she picked out one on her own, put it on and asked my Aunt DeAnne if she could buy it. That is when it all went down hill. She has either worn it or wanted to wear it everyday since. It was a cute dress to begin with so I wasnt bummed to buy it. Some of you may be wondering why I dont just get rid of it. Oh trust me, I have tried. But I have come to the conclusion that giving in is easier then listening to..."please mom can I wear my pink polka dot dress, please, please, please, please, PLEEEEEAAAAASE!" I try hiding it or put it in the laundry hamper to tell her it is dirty. But she quickly puts it on before I can even say anything. She has even climbed to the top of her closet and our hall closet (yes I tried to hide it there once!) and found it! Maybe it will just magically dissapear during the move!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

We know how that is at our house to. James always wants to wear his #14 jersey.

Melissa said...

Oh the infamous dress! Kids are so dang funny. Luke all the sudden cares about what he wears now too. What's a mom to do?

Christy said...

At least it isn't Spiderman.

Ruth said...

It could be worse.Much worse

Anonymous said...

(christy's comment made me laugh) apparently, i was just like eliza. but the dress was not so cute- a mary poppins/quinceanera white lacy thing with a red sash. sorry mom.

(-heather w.)

Miranda said...

One day you will look back on this and laugh! At least it's cute! Think of the money you can save on buying clothes!

Anonymous said...

Ok - I have laughed sooooooo hard on this blog - The Pink Polka dot dress - I know that poor Melissa Rossiter has the SAME problem with her daughter - I am sooooo sorry that I even suggested that Eliza buy this dress but I did know that she would love it - Bare with it - it will go away... to some other gosh awful thing next - Aren't you so glad you have to look forward to that - I think she is sooo adorable and I love seeing her in all the cute dresses you have bought for her - Thank you for sharing her funny story - it made my day - P.S. Can't wait to have you hear in Cali for a while to get to know your cute kids better - Love Aunt DeAnne

Anonymous said...

Hi, I'm the designer of the infamous dress. DeAnne sent me to see this. I'm so glad Eliza likes the dress.

In designing, I sometimes forget how important my dresses can be to a little one. I have a need to make a difference in the world, make it better, and I often complain to my husband that making little girls dresses doesn't do that much toward making the world a better place. At least for Eliza, I made difference for a few months--and it gives everyone who sees her day to day something to laugh about. Even though you are only 4 or 5--Thanks Eliza for lifting my spirit! Cynthia Mower