Tuesday, April 27, 2010

San Diego or Bust


Matt had some required Endodontic conferences in San Diego a few weeks ago that went from wed. until sat. I was sad to be left at home with all 3 kids for that long and really felt like I was going to "bust". So we packed up and headed down to San Diego after Eliza finished school on Friday. The kids had so much fun swimming and just feeling like we were on vacation. The weather was beautiful and the hotel was amazing. Thanks to my cousin Nina that got us the hookups. We really do love her! It was nice to stay at the hotel his conference was at because he could come and see us in between classes.








We really just spent most of our time by the pool. I was so happy how well Porter remembered from swimming lessons last summer. I was super nervous about being alone at the pool with 3 kids. Oh yeah, and I left my bathing suit at home so I wasn't even in the water with them. I first made Porter wear his floaties and stay by the steps. But as you can see in the photo with his goggles on his head he was so sad and not having it. Finally I just decided to let him be brave and soon enough he was swimming all over the shallow end by himself! What a kid!

There is so much I love about these last 2 photos! Its fun watching Eliza and Porter interact with their love/hate relationship. One minute they are best of buds and cant get enough of eachother and the next they are teasing eachother and making eachother cry. I guess it will all be alright since thats the way me and my brother Sam were and now we are great friends! I love how much fun you can read from these 2 photos about these kids. Elizas washable tattoo on her arm that took longer then a week to come off that I wasnt thrilled that she put it on in the first place, their dorito cheesy faces, Elizas crossing her legs (so girlie!), soaking up the sun without a care in the world. As hard as this stage of my life is, I wish I could just capture them at this stage right now and not let them grow up. I have been told by so many countless mothers with older children how much they miss the stage of life that I am in right now. They tell me to enjoy every minute because it goes by faster then I can even imagine. I'm trying...I really am!

3 comments:

Heather and James Georgianna said...

Porter looks so big in those pictures..i think i might sneak over tomorrow morning before my clients when they wake up! I have missed them!

Simcah Reid said...

They look like teenagers just chillin'. How fun. I no what you mean about loving and hating this stage of life. It is so hard but it is so rewarding at the same time. I really try to enjoy and remember it but I struggle to do it. Mostly I just try and permanently remember some of my favorite moments. Hopefully someday I will forget about how hard it is. : ) Some days I do better than others.

Jolyn Buhrley said...

I think it took having teenagers to truly appreciate those years!:)Both challenging AND rewarding..just in different ways. I've always thought you were great at enjoying the moment with your kids, something I've learned from YOU!! I'm so sad we didn't come to to these meetings!!:( See, another example of how you just pick up and go-creating wonderful memories for your kids.

I LOVED seeing the kids personalities in these pictures, we can't wait to get them close! The picture of Lily was so sweet. ( you forgot your swimsuit!? doesn't sound like you, me maybe, but not you!) :)
LOVE YOU ALL!