Wednesday, November 28, 2007

3 days of F U N !!!!

My Roommate from Ricks College got married yesterday and I decided to fly down and go! There was a lot of work and effort put into making it possible but it was important to me to go and I had such a great time! I went alone without children which is one big reason why it was so great. I loved how easy it was to pack and get through security at the airport. Then to just sit on the plane and read my book without any distractions was the best! That night my brother Sam picked me up from the airport which was so great to see him and catch up! He is so awesome and I love hanging out with him! I then drove with another old roommate (and great friend) Nicole up to the wedding dinner where all but 1 of the six roommates who were in our apartment were there. It was so fun and we were all so excited for Mollie! Then the next morning we went to the temple and I realized my recommend had expired. Woops! So I just waited at a little cafe, got a cup of soup and read my book by the window! Can you tell I am loving the no kids thing! Then after taking pictures with Mollie we had lunch at the Lion House with 2 of the roomies! (well, I had dessert since I had already eaten but it was still delicious!)





Sam came with me to the reception because he was at Ricks while Mollie and I were roommates and knew everyone there. Funny though that his business catered it and it was fun to sit at the table hoping for someone to say something bad about the food. But since it tasted SO GOOD only great things were commented. It was so good to be with everyone again. Some of our guy friends from that year at ricks were there as well with their families so we had a fun little reunion.






After the reception we all went to Nicoles In-laws house who were out of town. We changed into our jammies and reminisced about old times while looking through college photos everyone brought. We couldnt believe that it was already 9 years since that semester and how so much has changed but yet we still feel just as close and just as silly! These girls are wonderful and I love them all so much! I only wished Melissa could have been there and the night would have been complete! As you can tell, I didnt last long. Well, I guess I was the first to fall asleep. So thanks allie for the use of your photos since you were the only one who took pictures!

3 comments:

Alli said...

So funny! I started looking at these pictures thinking, these all look so familiar. Glad you were able to copy them. Now I just need to scan the others for you. It was so good to see you. Sorry I left in such a hurry this morning.

Creative Corner said...

Such a nice feeling to read a book and not worry. I was at Sydneys dance practice today trying to read my book while Kenady was crawling out the door, and into other rooms, great mom all for the love of a book, seriously!

Sounds like you had lots of fun!

Melissa said...

I AM SOOOOO BUMMED! Not only am I sick (Luke and Hailey too) but now I'm sad that I missed hanging out with everyone too!
Justin has less than 2 weeks of school left and couldn't take care of the kids while going to school and working on his big final projects. So I couldn't sneak off this time. (LUCKY! How'd you pull it off?)
Seriously- I almost cried when I looked at those pictures. I NEED some girl time!
AND- we're going to Utah on the 7th for a month. Couldn't Mollie have waited for me? JK! But seriously- couldn't she?