Thursday, November 1, 2007

Halloween!

Eliza was so excited for her birthday this year. I think she has been anticipating being 4 for months now. Everytime we go to the store and she sees something she wants she tells me "Mom, when I turn 4 can I have this?" So, Lets just say she was so excited to wake up yesterday morning realizing it was HER day! She had a special birthday breakfast on her special halloween plate! Then we made cupcakes together to take to her gymnastics class!















Later in the day we had a fun birthday party that we planned at the last minute. Our friends gave us the idea to go bowling and then we thought we would invite just a few neighbor friends. Well, one thing led to another and we ended up inviting 18 kids and only 2 couldn't come! They had a little room connected to the bowling alley that we decorated so we could open presents, eat hotdogs, cake and icecream. It seemed like most of the kids had a fun time and Eliza loved it! It got a little crazy but luckily some of the parents stayed and helped out! Eliza was pretty cute when she was opening her presents. She would first start with the card, ask me what it said and then whoever gave her that gift she would say "ok, come and help me open it!" She squeeled with delight with almost every gift and said it was something she really really wanted! She thanked each kid on her own and even hugged some! When she was done opening them all she turned to everyone and said "Thankyou everyone for my presents, thanks so much!" It was pretty funny! She got alot of really cute, fun toys and has spent all day playing with them. We haven't had to turn the T.V. on once, which for us, is a miracle! Today was her "Share day" at school and she wanted to bring one of her favorite presents! She also got 3 packages in the mail and 2 cards! I think she is definitely loved, although a little over stimulated by now!


Later we went trick or treating with some neighborhood friends! She had some fancy "clicker" shoes on and still ran from house to house! Its all about the candy with that girl! I think she definitely takes after her mom in the sweet department! We ended the night with a spaghetti dinner across the street at our friends the McDaniels!

8 comments:

amber buhrley said...

Sorry everyone, still trying to figure out this blogging thing and I didnt do the collage right. YOu should be able to double click on it to see the pictures up close. I will get in touch with my blogging guru's who swore to me it was easy!
hopefully you will at least get the gist of how fun her party was!
Amber

Ciera said...

Hey Amber!
The blog was great! You have been doing a lot of work on it! I deffinately need help on mine. I'm glad that Eliza had a fun birthday! About the dog thing . . . we love our little dog but now I have an extra toddler that chews! I posted some Halloween pics too if you want to look!

Jolyn Buhrley said...

You may still be figuring out the blog thing, but parties you have down!! I wish everyone could have seen the birthday party invitations. The kids had to color the ghost to find out the name of the birthday girl! Add that to the ghost cupcakes for gymnastics class....!!!!.....Martha can't touch you.

LAURA and ELIZA said...

Hey Amber! This is Laura, Mollie's sister! How cute is your family?! My little girl's name is Eliza too. Its so funny, but when I heard you named your daughter Eliza, I always knew I would too :)!! I'm glad you guys are doing well!

brownfam said...

Happy Birthday Eliza. Sounds like it was really fun.

Creative Corner said...

It looks like it was a lot of fun. Does that mean no puppy! How did you get around that!

The Grantham Family said...

Cute post girlie! Loved all the pictures. What a lucky girl to have a birthday bash on Halloween!

See me later about the collage. I was so way disappointed that I couldn't enlarge. Dang.

Melissa said...

Seriously- HOW do you just "throw together" such a huge awesome party last minute?
Hannah's so jealous that Liza has a cooler mom than she does! (Maybe that's why she used to pretend that she was Liza and I was Liza's mom!)